1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is this craziness about fair skin?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by sweetum, Dec 5, 2014.

1. sweetum

sweetum Senior IL'ite

Hii everyone!

Hope all of you are doing fine.

I got married to a guy who is fairer than me. I am not dark. I would say my skin color is more or less like the actress Chitrangada Singh. :) I get suntanned easily and over the last few years I was out in the sun a lot. Hence the darker skin tone compared to before and when I was a kid. To be noted that my body is fair. ;)

So when I was close to getting married, my bua told me few days before my marriage that people would talk a lot in the wedding because my future husband is more pretty than me! I was shocked. I knew he was fairer but not that I was lesser than him in looks.

When my husband send our photos to his relatives, all what they say that she has a good smile! Come on! I'm worth more than that I believe. Sorry if I'm sounding a bit of narcissist. :p why do they all have to relate beauty to being fair? I find people crazy about fair skin!

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

2 people like this.

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Sweetum: We have better things to worry about. yes some people can only relate White skin to beauty. Just appreciate what you have. Beauty is in the eyes of Beholder. Don't let these people comments take on your life. They gossip today and forget all about it the next moment.

1 person likes this.
  3. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

Unfortunately we are living in a society where more weight-age is given to external beauty..do you really care about those comments? is it worth to worry? Stay positive and be yourself happily...

2 people like this.
  4. sweetum

sweetum Senior IL'ite

You are so right, my dear. :)

5. sweetum

sweetum Senior IL'ite

Yeah, one should stay positive in all situations and accept how the society is. We cannot do much to change other people's mentality.

6. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

We are beautiful the way we are... but "Society" .. has always an eye for fairness and fair people seemlessly are attractive to people.... no wonder there are so much fairness creams in town..... am also a tanned person and had this notion tht fair people are so pretty , i wish i was fair.. blah blah.... until i saw tht in USA people are so fair tht thy go out to sun and tanning centers to be tanned... ahh spend dollars to be tanned you see.... ahh i guess am blessed to be tanned then :D

3 people like this.
  7. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you Sweetum. It made me smile reading your post. So nice to find a young lady who is confident enough not to worry what other people say. Funny how here in the West people actually PAY in order to get a tan and most of my friends are so envious of my olive complexion. I am sure your hubby loves you just the way you are.

2 people like this.
  8. Ishika009

Ishika009 Senior IL'ite

Its not about the skin color its about what the person is made of that defines him / her. Skin color is just a color and it should not be given more importance than the values possessed by an individual.

9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

To be noted that my body is fair. ;)

the above sentence made me feel even yourself in a way LIKES fair skin and I am sure if someone had complimented "wow! you look so fair!" you will be delighted:)

Anyways,it is inculcated in our society's mind that fair=beauty BUT things are changing especially with the younger generation. personally feel they are more broad minded than the older generation.

think about healthy skin and not fair skin.

deepika padukone is very tan but the number uno heroine! that ought to say something:))