1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is the reason why brides can't adjust with in-laws?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by abhisheknagpal1, Apr 28, 2013.

1. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

Why is it that only "BRIDES" have to adjust? What about in-laws,groom.. don't they also have to adjust??

5 people like this.
  2. snm1984

snm1984 Platinum IL'ite

I hate the word "adjust".Especially since marriage.Why the hell do I have to when I fully accepted my H for what he is and not expected him to adjust in any way for me?If you and your parents can't accept the girl for the way she is then please manufacture a robo according to your family's tastes and marry it.

Adjustment comes automatically out of love and understanding each other over the years...it should never be demanded or forced out of somebody.

12 people like this.
  3. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

I never "adjusted" to my IL's and they love me just the same. Maybe not adjusting is the key

7 people like this.
  4. abhisheknagpal1

abhisheknagpal1 New IL'ite

hahaha... The things got more interesting today.

I have seen people interested in my personal life. Let me tell you that I am more than happy being separated. She was more egoistic rather than understanding the relations and was of dominating kind of person. Still I don't have any bad wishes for her. I don't want to explain each and everything & do not see the need here.

Thanks to all who have taken the time and read my profile.

Lastly I would like to say that people won't remain happy by making a worse life for others. Our kindness and love is above all.

5. lukywife

lukywife Gold IL'ite

Lastly I would like to say that people won't remain happy by making a worse life for others.

This statement is wrong. Mils(espc Indian Mils) make dils life miserable and they are happy after making the situation worse.

6 people like this.
  6. caty45

caty45 Bronze IL'ite

That is very true. The sense of supremacy/power/control which MIL or co-sis gets always makes them satisfied!!

4 people like this.
  7. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

Abhishek.. Trust me none of us here intend to judge you by reading your profile ... We are spending time on the thread completely based on two assumptions

1) You have a problem which you "intend" to solve and hence starting a thread like this
    2) You are open to hear different perspective from a bunch of unknown virtual people

Even though you state you are more than happy to be seperated from your wife.. I can read between the lines and see a hint of sadness how things have eventually turned out in your lives... Let me tell you one thing Abhishek.. if you were "more than happy" you would not have even started this thread !!!

My sincere suggestion to you..please don't take any feedback here as bashing though it may come across as just that... it is the collective voice of the DILs out there who have been misunderstood, wronged and even harrased in the name of tradition and respect ... your ex wife could be one among these and probably what is more important to you is that your future wife "should not be" one among these...

We certainly don't know what your problems were with you wife and if you don't intend to discuss it here, we respect that and I certainly would step out of this thread..

However, look at the whole situation with a perspective of a complete outsider and honestly assess where things went wrong and how "you" could have made a "difference"... I presume it would help you in the long run...

Okies... I sign off from the thread.. and trust me I wish only the best for you or for that matter anyone out there..

9 people like this.
  8. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

"You will find very few people starting with truths however they have more lies to say.. To prove oneself right and innocent, we have to make the other person wrong.. Please realize that nobody is perfect but it doesn't mean that you should take step blindly. As you know haste always makes waste.

There can be various reasons for divorce but a wise person will learn from his mistakes and will take care that they should not repeat again." --- OP

Do learn OP, but learn in right direction. And you will come near truth only when you have kept all your prejudices aside and are thinking clearly. Only when you also know what went wrong from not only your side, but also from your parents side. Its easier to accept our own mistakes than accepting that your parents have done wrong and ruined your life. Still harder is to point out their mistakes to them.

I don't know your background OP. But if you sincerely believe that above advice does not apply to you, then please ignore it. All the best to you

7 people like this.
  9. SKMK

SKMK New IL'ite

Hello frnd just one doubt. is it mandatory always that only husband and his parents are only wrong in all divorce? And wife can never wrong.

Wht abt greedy and controlling wife and woman who marry for money or marry as per parents’ choice but love other man? There r many women like dat who do like that
    It is pure daydream if we thnk woman are never wrong in divorce

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  10. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Hello frnd just one line. you chose to ignore my this sentence...

2 people like this.