What is the reason for India's........Poll for 8th April 2007 to 14th April 2007

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Apr 8, 2007.

What is the reason for India's dismal performance in Cricket World Cup?

1. Poor coaching

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Inefficient Captaincy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Out-of-Form Players

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. Collective irresponsibility of all players

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

"Cricket" - the much hyped up game in India. When India wins a cricket match all the players are idolized and are literally worshipped. When India faces a defeat in any cricket match, brickbats are thrown at players to the extent of burning their effigy, pelting stones at their houses etc.,

Even days after India is knocked out of the Cricket World Cup, it still gets its attention in the media. Critics discuss the reason of India's poor performance, BCCI convenes meeting with the Coach and the Captain to discuss the same.

Let us have the Ladies view on what is the reason for India's dismal performance in the World cup matches: Is it poor coaching on the part of Greg Chappell, Dravid's inefficient captaincy, collective failure on the part of all players or is it because the team comprised of players who were out of form.

Ladies let us talk some cricket here in our poll section. Share your views and opinions.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi laxmi,

I feel it is the collectively irresponsibility of all players, coahes, selectors and the board. When a young team like Bangaldesh can beat the Might SA, it just shows how committed they are to the game. I think we need to sack all the regulars and bring in fresh new faces and start from scratch. May be then we have a chance to be a winning team again. With the old timers i feel it is an ego issue and the board gives in cause of the huge revenues for many firms with using the "so called" stars as brand ambassadors!!

V

3. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vandhana
    Thanks for sharing your views. Yes, even I too feel that it is the collective irresponsiblity of all those involved. What with gambling, betting taking the spirit of the game, I just feel that the game is in a downward trail especially here in India.
    Let us hope that a fresh leash of players bring some enthusiasm in the sports.
    I see that the ladies who have voted in the poll is lesser, probably Cricket is not a favourtie sports with NRI ladies.

BTW, Vandhana is Set Max available for you in US. How do you watch the ctricket matches?