1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is the real meaning of marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kcb, Feb 7, 2016.

1. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

All relationships are not equivalent to a marriage!!! Just as being employed and self employed / entrepreneur! There is a world of difference though some similarities are there. It should not be confused. The freedom to get out and take independent decisions differ along with the extent of consequences. Your response must have been a knee-jerk reaction!!!!

2. jayla

jayla New IL'ite

i am very happy to see the ideas about marriage discussed here. while i am on the idealistic side i feel that marriage also should be taught . in the west we see counselling before and after marriage .i think that changes must occur slowly and each of us has to take one step forward. both men and women are equal but with different abilities.this is the first step on which we can build. i would like to mention that i have seen one ideal marriage-- my aunt and uncle .my uncle was an ias officer while my aunt was only barely literate but i never heard my uncle to ever speak disparagingly or insultingly to her. they had no children. but they never bemoaned that fact. every day i think of them and when i tell you i am 75 years old you will know that my experience is in the last 50 years. love to alltsk

Thyagarajan and Jameela like this.
  3. Jameela

Jameela Senior IL'ite

Yes it is true my partner and me we are for 2 years together he is most part of the time outside working i only really enjoy when we meet friends, he always like to be at home watching IPL T-20 or Indian Movies that talk about love when i would like to feel that same love of movies with my partner hahaha. I want to go outside, walking, but he prefer staying at home i would like that my partner understand i would like he surprised me outside bed and inside as well, slowing the moment and with different poses like yoga, would be lovely have activities in common and share hobbies and passions it is not easy keep a relationship as you said routinely but i feel comforted to have everyday someone by my side for good or bad in health and disease, someone who never leaves me though intimacy live diminishes hardly time and as well lots of problems family,bills, real life problems of everyday. BUT I WANT TO GO THROUGH ALL OF THIS AND GIVE THE NEXT STEP MARRIAGE. IMPORTANT IT IS BEING COLLEAGUES AND FRIENDS MORE THAN LOVERS.MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING AND LOVE IS MOST IMPORTANT.

4. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

I had mentioned in one of my earlier postings in some thread about this need for training for marriage for both men and women as an extension of the art and science of human relations. This i think can considerably reduce the probability of all the misunderstandings with all their negative consequences.

A relationship is run with the heart in command while a marriage is ruled by the head. This hopefully should be integrated for harmony through training and awareness.

5. Dreamer

Dreamer Silver IL'ite

I have been married for 5 months now and loving every bit of it. Knew my wife for more years and everything is still happy. The only problems I have are with my relationship with her family but marriage is still a beautiful institution.

6. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

Why do we "fall" in love? And I don't think this expression is accidental! It's because when in love we look towards marriage for it's fulfillment; but it turns out a cage - and once married the trap door shuts on love! So endeavour to "rise" in love; and we just know how!!

7. Gaisri

Gaisri New IL'ite

Viji mam,
    I liked ur response reg marriages.. What is said is so true..ur article was inspiring too.

Gaisri

8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

:|A thread on 'meaning of marriage' filled with posts from anti marriage Nandita .Great!
    It is like someone selling condoms at a fertility clinic.:coffee

Thyagarajan, MalStrom and Amica like this.
  9. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Even if the other items in the list you wrote may or may not turn out to be true, since death and taxes are certain, the above is likely certain. Life as it rolls.

Thyagarajan and vaidehi71 like this.
  10. ranga

ranga New IL'ite

The meaning of marriage cannot be defined as it is a long process. But one thing that must be followed is adjust ment with elders and husband though there are women who wish and do according to their will. This doesn't mean that those men are not happy . still marriage is a strong bonding of happiness if some sacrifices are done willing or unwillingly