1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is the real meaning of marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kcb, Feb 7, 2016.

1. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

Marriage is the process of making two individuals become one and they will be binded by the law of God and man: through thick and thin, in sickness and in health, in richer and in poorer 'til death do they part.

Sorry I need to add this comment as I feel like my first comment is not enough

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  2. LostHusband

LostHusband New IL'ite

The real meaning of someone's marriage relationship is depending upon that individuals preferance and needs.

If one want a wife/husband for kid/s and make a family for himself/herself with pre agreement or pre discussion about how it should lead...
    If there is no pre agreement and understanding , there will be arguments and domination issues/sacrifice words bla bla..

If any one partner breaks that deal which is made before marriage then that relationship is void.
    But it's almost impossible with our system, our law is like that.

There is no meaning for a marriage relationship unless if there is mutual understanding and agreement before marriage., Unless both the partners fulfill and maintain the agreement (whatever/however it may be).
    My opinion.

3. Smarani

Smarani New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

hope you can move this thread appropriately. We have been married for 2 years and have a 1 year old. Due to lack of boundaries with families and insecurities of mil/sil my husband has separated from me. He thinks I’m taking him away from his mom and sister who live in India and the sis a few miles away from us in the USA. He is staying with his sister for the last two weeks and has not initiated any communication. I’m alone with my Son and extended family. We had a heated argument physically and verbally before he left and he said to send the divorce papers so he can sign. My son’s first birthday is in a couple of days. We both have had anger management issues and stress with baby and in-laws visiting us which led to a lot of misunderstandings. His mom is a single mom and his sister is bossy and won’t let us live in peace. He says his sister and mom don’t think I’m family and he can’t say no them. I feel devastated and it was an arranged marriage. Is there any hope left or have I reached the end?

4. jmsd

jmsd Silver IL'ite

There is no *beep *beep real meaning of marriage.
    After 20 years of marriage and wiser I can say that it is only a form of social contract.
    Parties involved may behave nicely, badly or according to their own whims.
    It is just like any other business.Depends how lucky you got with your business partner.
    Bas itna hi hai.
    Rest is eyewash and moh maya

sm123 likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I feel myself and my husband are an ideal couple in my point of view.We have no ego with one another,we accepted each other’s flaws,very low expectations of one another and also space in the real is given.

I always felt life is like a beam balance and in some aspects he might be dominant and some aspects I might be a bit dominant. We are absolutely fine with that.

We also encourage each other to improve.Do we have a lot of fights? We used to lol but we learnt what we want from Each other,what to let go and our fights don’t last more than 10 mts and offlate even if he yells in frustration I don’t even react or if I yell he won’t react and we become Normal very soon.there is no place for ego

He is supportive and understands my past coz he had an healthy upbringing and today whatever my success is I owe It to him.

I don’t like my relatives but my hubby still
    Respects them and always encourages me
    To be the bigger person.I also adjust in many ways so that his family is happy .All
    For him.

I had a very difficult past and maybe my expectation is very less and contentement level is also high.I need good relationships and my hubby has a good heart and honestly i care for nothing else.

Whether am working or not..its
    Always our money and never his money or
    My Money. He was out of a job for a long time and i was very supportive and was
    Ready to live in very little due to dire consequences but luckily we thrived.

Tolerance and patience does not mean doormat all the time. It helps if the relationship is
    Important.

Marriage is a gamble and some
    Hit the jackpot..not easily but with the right mindset.

My only expection was to
    Marry a person with whom i can be who i am
    And be comfortable.
    In my eyes i like the way my marriagr looks Like..and feel this is one of the best thing that happ to me. Everyone has their own good luck and i feel this is mine.

Above all is only my view based on my life and i understand opinions differ and respect that.

Thyagarajan, swarnamary and messedup like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

The wife looked at herself in the mirror and asked her husband:

Do you still love me.?

The man replied: Oh yes! But is my body not the same as when we first met?

No, I did not notice, the man replied.

She put her hand on her stomach and

said,

look my belly is much bigger and heavier,

My legs are not smooth anymore.

She came to him with tears in her eyes and asked, "Why do you

love me like this?"

The man replied:

Look, when I touch your body, I feel

your love,

I see your kind heart,

I see your beautiful figure,

I know it's a perfect shape,

I love you.

Don't be mad at the way you look,

enjoy the way I see you,

And the way I still feel you.

I fell in love with the sensuality

and kindness of your soul, not with

the bustle of your body, and through

tears I drew a smile on her face,

which shines again.

That's how it should be in life and love, because

you love not with your eyes, but with

your heart.”

Unknown author ✍️

kcb, messedup and swarnamary like this.
  7. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

hey, how have you been, its been couple of yrs after all this incident, how is your life and your son is almost 3,4 yr old..

Thyagarajan likes this.