1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what is the problem with these "beauty parlour ladies" ?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Sep 3, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I go this Indian parlour for eyebrow threading and everytime they have something or other to tell.last time,it was how rough my hair was,next time it was how rough my skin was,and start giving unscolicited advice. they also try to sell stuff.I have noticed this happen in India too.I wonder if those ladies have ever seen themselves in the mirror b4 commenting on their customers.I understand they might want to sell their products or get us for more treatments but the way they say even when nothing is that wrong is annoying.Even my cousins have told the same thing.This way they will end up losing customers rather than gaining.

Have u encountered these incidents?

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Just like your car mechanic finds worn out break pads, or rusty shock absorbers every time you take your car for a routine oil change, the same way your parlour lady finds new and hopefully expensive-to-treat issues with your skin. They have to make money, right? It's your job as a consumer to know how much of their unsolicited advice to take seriously, and how much of it to politely decline with a "maybe next time".

4 people like this.
  3. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

Every time I go for threading with a periodical long gap, my beautician used to say how bad shape my previous beautician made my eye brows. Once it was her to whom I went previous time.

They always talk how rough and dry my hair is, and ask me why i don't do facial. How much I have lost my color ... faintingsmiley

I recently found one who give me a great shape and say only one sentence and 2 words to me
    1. " next"
    2." are you paying with cash or card"
    3." thank you"

i just love her !!!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    8 people like this.
  4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow, that sounds exactly like the place I go to. :)

2 people like this.
  5. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

they just want to sell products. Luckily, I go to my friend who runs the salon from home. I just go for eyebrows. She tells me other way that ladies with nice hair or skin will be asking her tips to how to improve it. Earlier she used to tell home made remedies, but later she got a beautician course done and now keeps expensive lotions and shampoos on the table and ladies are happily picking them up with no sales required.

2 people like this.
  6. Shina

Shina Gold IL'ite

Ya they do it to everyone just to sell their product or service. Many women who do not know this strategy get affected by this. I think customers need to start giving back in order for this to reduce.

if it is during the procedure lets say during a haircut then indirectly tell her off by making a joke. Like please don't highlight my flaws i already have a MIL for that :) .And if it is after the procedure than u can be more courageous :). Say its insensitive to highlight customers flaws as most ladies already suffer from low self esteem. Get her to see how what she is doing is morally wrong.

1 person likes this.
  7. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

I have experienced this many a times. The most common comment I have heard is " u should straighten ur hair..will look very good on you.." ( I have curly hair..:) :).. They try everything in the book to endorse their services. What to do..bear with them..looking beautiful comes at a cost..:) :)

1 person likes this.
  8. JigsSM

JigsSM Silver IL'ite

Yup, this is very common... either they want to sell their products or their services...
    Sometimes you have to just ignore them :) or just smiling give away some answers :)
    When they tell about your skin, they will tell to do facial and new facials they have & all...
    Just to increase their business :)

1 person likes this.
  9. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

One actually told me that I look older than my sister. It was so annoying:rant

1 person likes this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I totally understand! that was so uncalled for!

One lady told me my skin is very rough.Is she kidding me?just last week I finished y microderm sessions and had my skin completely cleared of marks and dry skin.

It is so annoying when people comment just for the heck of it! or trying to sell.
    They should first give us confidence by having perfect skin and hair.Just amazed by their self esteem!!