What is the need of "Kundali Milan" ?

Discussion in 'Astrology Numerology & More!' started by nini82, May 8, 2008.

1. nini82

nini82 Senior IL'ite

Kundali is Graphical representation of planets at time of your birth."Kundali Milan" is for matrimonial purpose,largely used in arranged marriage systems in India.Before marriage Parents matches horroscope of boys and girls.

First thing I want to discuss what is the purpose of "Kundali Milan".The very purpose is to decide according to time and place the person was born he is given a set of options by kundli readers like pandits what to do and when to do and how to do this inculdes marriage , travel bussinessdeals and list is endless and I am sure yo know all this. Now tell me is it not an "Andh Viswas".If you think it is then ofcourse we should not follow it.
    Every individuals have its own guna,luck, fate.I think there is no need of matching kundali.Every husband and wife fight for the same thousands of reasons.Still people believe in Kundli Milan.
    Share your thoughts.All thought are welcome.

Last edited: May 8, 2008

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Nini,

yeah u are correct but i think we have taken this as a necessity for the marriages. I too think for this kundali matching we miss so many good matches. But many people now a days dont care much about kundali. Still kundali matching people are many compare to those who dont believe in this. I believe but sometimes i am too confused regarding this. But when i think of my friends who did love marriage and there was no kundali matching as it was of no use for them, then i feel they did good. But on the other had i have one more friend too who did same but not at all happy.
    This is not the matter for present generation who dont believe in kundali but if we see in the past. In our country most of the marriages took place after kundali matching, but what happens that bride is killed within few days, commits suicide... leaving all these a marriage took place after a perfect kundali matching what is the reason for divorce????? there are so many things kundali matching they look for the raashi, grah maitri, bhakoot, naadi.....so what is the reason for everyday fighting manhandling, if there is everything correct. All these things makes me to believe there is no need of these matchings.

If we see present day situation now divorce rate has increased drastically not only in the higher societies or people in the highly paid jobs even in middle class too this is increasing. One more thing now we can see generally people say we like each other , we care for each other and marriages take place. After sometime problem starts then eventually they meet some astrologer and then starts they are not made for each other and all that. So, certain points makes us to believe in all this.
    As far as marriages are concerned i thing its not bad to go for this kiundali matching....somewhere i read naadi matching is very important there is some scientific reason related to some blood factor.
    Then i think if we believe in rahu kalam, shubh muhurt then there is no harm if we continue this too.
    Anyway i am always confused in this matter but i always choose for andh vishwas like matching and all.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  3. NamitaPradhan

NamitaPradhan New IL'ite

Hi,

Best Greetings to both of you!

I totally disagree with you.What my personal experience says "Kundali Milan" helps to filter out certain criterias.After all it is all for our well-being only.

When my parents were searching boy for me first thing they did is Kundali only.
    It went with similar ways.Whatever was written in my Kundali is the truth of my life.I found a guy from west region.He works in technological field and I will have foreign trip.All the same events are happening with me.
    Personally I believe whatever was written in my Kundali are real things according to position of Nakshatra.

4. MrignayniBansal

MrignayniBansal Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

A good discussion is going on here.

Kundali Milan comes under Vedic Astrology.
    Vedic Astrology has a method of providing a fairly good indication of compatibility based on nakshatras of prospective husband and wife. It assigns points for factors that influence marriage. Although, no one can perfect or say on compatibility issues, it can be a good at the starting point.

Apart from determining the number of Gunas that match in the two Kundali, there are other factors that should be taken into consideration: longevity, health, wealth, children .

Ours was totally arranged marriages.We have seen lots of examples lots of love marriages which does not cosider kundali milan at all end up in divorce.So it is better to see future aspects of marriage.After all, who is going to suffer husband,wife and children only.Right folks?

5. PandeyKranti

PandeyKranti New IL'ite

Hi all,

All of you are saying right.After all these kundali milan is doing for the well being of family,husband and children.

You know some make kundali based on rashi.Here I am giving information about what you called all the rashi in hindi and english.

1.Mesha -- Aries
    2.Vrishabha --Taurus
    3.Mithuna --Gemini
    4.Karka --Cancer
    5.Simha --Leo
    6.Kanya --Virgo
    7.Tula --Libra
    8.Vrishchika-- Scorpio
    9.Dhanus --Sagittarius
    10.Makara--Capricorn
    11.Kumbha-- Aquarius
    12.Meena--Pisces

I hope many of you already know about Rashi and Kundali.

6. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Well its ant interesting topic...

I personal dont believe in Kundali stuff.... i'm more of a science person.

I dnt think stars and moon and other stuff would determine about wat your future husband is going to be like or what kind of married life you are going to live. well if kundail could do all that a lot of problems would have been resolved.

And ppl saying love vs arranged kundali marriages... well i think its not fair to compare them... divorces have increased in last few years, as women and men have become independent and they can make choose if they married life is not working to separate and live a life of they own... unlike our parents or grandparents... most of families in india who are in a marriage because they have to be married to that person .. and not because they love each other.

Times change ppl change... for me the kundali and these thing only will put us back to 1947.. but no benefits of it.

Just my opinion nothing personal.