What is Sat Chit Ananda ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidh,
    Thankyou very much.
    Yes, we are tuned to seek hapiness from outside. This is where vedanta comes to our help showing us that we are happiness !
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    A vivid&crystal clear explanantion of SatChitAnanda.Everyone has a desire to live a day long with knowledge&happiness-very true.Your dog-bone example was very understandable.
    When we have happiness inside us , it is a really surprising to search for happiness outside, now looking for happiness outside-it sounds absurd to me...after reading this post.Doing our daily duties at home/work/whereever we are supposed to do with love and care-if it can give happiness to us and others, is it not satchitananda?

In recent times i have stopped to crave for external happiness.. expecting it from others..i dunt know for what reason, but i'm most happy with what i have, what i can do rather than comparing or expecting from others and get bit...

Hope i have understood atleast 1% of what u have aimed at Chithra....

3. Chitvish

Dear Aishu,
    I always call you Baby because you are so young. But now you have shown me, how mature you are in your thinking, with your FB.
    Yes, your understanding is right.
    Aishu, I was postponing this post because in my heart of hearts, I was worried that this may not be acceptable on the "face value". But with feedbacks in a row, my fears are dispelled !
    Thanks, thanks, thanks, Aishu.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chits,

I am total Sat Chit Ananda. I love the very word LIFE and I am eager to gain knowledge and seek pleasure from outside. Now a days I have learnt to be happy with myself. I am my best friend and I live with my own self. I am extremely happy to know Sat Chit Ananda is very natural and all of us seek it.

5. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mrs. C,

I am like everyone else is looking for sat chit and ananda in life from outside. Now, I should look within myself to be really happy. You did a wonderful job explaining them
    so, we could follow it. Really enjoying Vedanta now. Thank you

6. Chitvish

Dear Applepie,
    Thanks a ton.
    It is fulfilling to read your FB that you are happy with yourself. You are blessed, Mals & pray God you live your life always, that way !
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Madhu,
    I love the way you write that you are enjoying vedanta. Instead of feeling anxious, if one feels confident that one can follow it, you have already made a beginning !
    All the best, Madhu.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear C

You have explained a complex concept in your inimitable lucid style. Many thanks for constantly reminding what real SatChitAnanda is. Like AC said, it appears crystal clear now, but the Chit gets disturbed in the day to day life.

-Gayathri.

9. Chitvish

Dear Gayathri,
    Chit getting disturbed? - do not overly bother about it ! Otherwise, we would become jnanis in this janma !!
    Thanks, Gayathri.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

dear chitra ma'am,

thank you so much for giving me the link to this thread. i enjoyed reading the article. very true. the nature of the atma - satchitananda. it is a constant battle to remember this in all our ups and downs of life. not to take anything personally and to just be a plain witness to the events of our life. the day we can reach there, we will be truly blessed. but i guess it is important to remember and to train ourselves to remember this.