What is Prasada ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

Prasadam

Mrs.C,

Your posting on this week's topic, Prasadam makes some much sense as you read it over and over.

Some times we come across some reading material and we are so impressed by it and it makes so much sense. Your postings on religion fall in the category.

Thanks for your effort towards the same.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dearest Indhu !

You are proving to be my dear Ezuthalar's wife with your words ! - "ஜாடிக்கேத்த மூடி!"
    Though not easy, acceptance of situations & sameness of mind is essential for our peace of mind.
    Thanks for you F B, Indhu !
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

My dear Radha V !

Thankyou very much for your nice words.
    Yes, you have to read these topics repeatedly for it to sink in. I am glad they work on your mind !
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    Am i glad that i logged on to catch up with ur thursdays post! (i actually remembered that it was thursday today, thank God!)
    I also was not aware of so much of meaning behind Prasadam, .....i particularly liked these lines....
    "The result that an action produces, whether it is more or less, or equal or opposite, comes from God. This is the appreciation of God and that is maturity. So we accept that God is the author of the result of our actions. The result thus becomes prasada since it comes from God. Thus result of every action must be looked upon as prasada from the Lord, irrespective of whether it is what we expect or opposite"

Lovely explanation and so much of logic when we actually think about it !
    Thanks again for another enlightening post that too on "Guru Varam ".....really apt postings!

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the Prasadham

Hi Chithra,
    The write up on Prasadham was wonderful.Inever knew there was so much to know about "Prasadham". As Indhu Described, your presence in this site is really a vara prasadham indeed!!!!

Thanks for enlightening us on Prasadham!!!

Best Regards,
    Aishu

6. Chitvish

My dear Sudha !

I can see that you have enjoyed this post.
    Prasada buddhi has to be choicelessly developed because we get only what we deserve & not what we desire !
    Thanks for the F B !

7. Chitvish

My dear Aishu !

Ha ha ha - following Indhu's footsteps ??!!
    Just remember every small thing has a unique significance in our culture.
    Thanks for continuing with me, dear Aishu !
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

prasadam from you

My dear Chitra

I thoroughly enjoyed this weeks"PRADASAM". You have explained in a wonderful style abt the meaning and importance of Prasadam. My sinceire thanks for yet another wonderful post and eagerly waiting for next weeks posting.

Love and regards
    Priya

9. Chitvish

Lovely Feed Back, Priya !

Knowing how religiously inclined you are, I am glad you enjoyed this week's posting !
    Since Naivedyam & Prasada have been "heavy" for the past 2 weeks, I am planning to alternate with a light topic, this week.
    Thankyou, Priya.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Lovely Post Chitra !

Dear Chitra,

I wanted to reply to this post earlier but forgot !

I must tell you, I was soooooooooo happy to read the post "Prasada". How true your words were Chitra.

But the real meaning of prasada is “purity, cheerfulness, bliss, joy, peace”. This is our true gain upon tuning our minds with the Lord during the worship. The real prasada is the feeling of peace we experience in our hearts while looking at the idol of the Lord after we have performed our daily puja with love and devotion.

Until I read your post, all that my mind will think of when u say prasadam would be either nanganallur aanji kovil puliyodharai (which is my favourite) or thirupathi laddu...!

Felt like sharing this here, When I fast for aanji, that day I will goto nanganallur aanji kovil in the morning and while coming out will have that prasadam what they give (though I fast, I take prasadam as its offering from the temple of god) . While eating that, it would give me enoromous happiness (not out of taste, but out of peace) and I would never feel hungery for whole day inspite of lots of travelling and exertion etc ! there is a saying in tamil - Manasu nirayum pothu vayirum niraiyum nu, I used to literally experience that !

Ur post on Prasadam kindled those wonderful moments and feelings I used to have with GOD.

Love,
    Preethi