What is new in abu dahbi ?????

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Abu Dhabi' started by angelkhushi, Sep 27, 2009.

1. angelkhushi

angelkhushi Senior IL'ite

Hey i m feeling little bored here spo plz anybody tell me some more places to go and enjoy wid my kids............

byeeeeee:thumbsup

2. sofiz

sofiz Senior IL'ite

how old are your children? If you've already taken them to the parks, try the corniche beach.

If your children are small, they might enjoy Wanasaland in Al Wahda Mall.

Another place is "Heritage Village" - near Marina Mall. Be sure to go there well before sunset so that you can see the bullock used to water plants.

If they are old enough to read, take them to the Children's Library at the AbuDhabi Cultural Foundation (For details: www.adach.ae)

Older kids might enjoy memberships at the various clubs in Abu Dhabi

Hope you have a nice time :thumbsup

3. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

hi sofiz,
    what is heritage village? what is there? even i'm bored of visiting the same malls again and again. want to go to some new place for a change with my son.

4. sofiz

sofiz Senior IL'ite

Heritage village is an area near marina mall. Free to enter, it's like a mini museum. There are vendors selling handicraft, UAE T-shirts, traditional dress of UAE women, etc. But best of all you can see old fashioned huts, camels, mock-up of how life was in the desert. You can even sit in these air-conditioned tents and huts. There are also live works of glass work, sword making, pottery etc. there.

5. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

thanks for the info sofiz. would like to visit someday!

6. nandinibabu

nandinibabu Bronze IL'ite

Hi sujatha, sofiz,

how are you all?.. sujatha, did you bought that nose pin that day?..how is it?..

hey sofy, you seems to be very active in IL nowadays..great yar..you are giving replies to almost all the posts.. keep it up!

yes i too visited this heritage village a year back..as sofy says its quite interesting to see the things used by the arabs in the early period..a must visit place..but somany people doesn't know about this place..

7. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

hi nandini,
    would like to visit that place someday. how much time does it take to see everything there?
    i didn't go to abu dhabi that day for the purchase of nose ring. will go some other day. thinking whether to buy a diamond or artificial stone/american diamond nose ring.

8. nandinibabu

it will not take more than an hour, that too if you are not going to shop there anything..other wise it will take time..

try a diamond nose ring..it will be perfect for you, our vidhya sis( Balan) :wink:sujests the same..

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  9. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

hi nandini,
    vidya suggested me to go for other stone nose rings like american diamond and not diamond nose ring bcos diamond would not be genuine and for daily wear, other stones are ok she said.

10. nandinibabu

ya that is also right..then why don't you try jercon stones, it is also similar to American diamond..

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010