1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Moral, What Is Immoral And What Is The Line Between Them

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SGBV, Sep 14, 2018.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your honest reply

Same here. H is very handsome, and he grows old to be more handsome than he was before.
    And his profession is something sponsoring college students for further studies with foreign unis. This way, he gets to interact with so many young students, including smart, good looking young girls, who are much more extrovert and forward than us.
    They call him often, not only for professional matters, but also to discuss their personal problems related to studies etc.. as they consider him as their mentor. Not just girls, but young boys too.
    What I am trying to explain here is, that my H is way too much exposed to have loads of crushes and friendship outside of the marriage with opposite gender.
    I know that, but I don't go very deep into what he talks with them or what they share.
    As long as there is no red flags, and he is within the limits. So, I don't poke my nose too much into his private space.
    I don't ask him anything about this, and he doesn't share anything with me voluntarily either. This is our bliss.

Exactly... not only me, but sometimes my H can be on the phone with his friend for hrs like a woman too.
    Same me with... I have female friends, with them I ended up sharing my private matters to some extend. Which I will never share with a male friend regardless of how close they are with me.

2. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Has any one here heard the concept of a “work spouse “?

I have many guy friends , I make a conscious choice to treat them as my girl friends . We are just buddies. There is a conscious decision that his friendship will not go any other route , however harmless. I would also take a step back if that ever happened.

I do not enjoy attention from other men. I dress well for myself first and then for the husband . There is no “harmless “
    flirting in my opinion. I want men to think of me as an equal not someone that they can flirt with. Same goes with family friends or husbands of close friends. I am someone that can be opiniated and have discussions with these men on politics and current affairs . I do not want them to look at me as some object of beauty. Thanks but no thanks.

This is solely my opinion . It works for me.

sindmani, Laks09, annu78 and 6 others like this.
  3. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Well said

SinghManisha likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Yes; Wikipedia has an entry for "work spouse" and a whole page describing the concept and where people drew "the line" for interactions.
    Excerpt: With so many of the quality hours of a day spent at work, having someone there who has an intuitive understanding of the pressures, personalities, interactions, and underlying narratives of the workplace society can add safety and comfort to what can otherwise be an alienating environment.

However, a wife getting to be "friends with" husband's work colleagues of the opposite sex could get messy.
    Sometimes it would seem like when the husband "knows", and turns a blind eye, or has a stiff upper lip (as in the case Dickie Mountbatten's attitude to his wife Edwina and Jawaharlal Nehru), all is well.

Are they both thinking about their secret, and laughing at him?
    [​IMG]

SinghManisha and mimi77 like this.
  5. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

Oh dear . You are so true. It is a very dangerous and happening fact. Work spouse results sometimes in real physical affairs.

SinghManisha likes this.
  6. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

Never heard of this concept before....but this is something really dangerous.....coz affair at work place is not a good idea....According to me

SinghManisha and BhumiBabe like this.
  7. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

200% practical to get crush feelings often, so no negative opinions on that..BUT I don't feel comfortable when I get treated in that way. I immediately judge their character standards on that basis. If the interest towards us with respect fine for me as @SinghManisha pointed.

SinghManisha likes this.
  8. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

I don't see any reason to flirt with men. I am married and flirting will not help my marriage. Not sure how it helps other men and women. I think boundaries will get blurred after a point. How about behaving in a casual and friendly manner? Why flirt?

9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I appreciate the way you handle things in life. Hats off.

But to be honest here, I am very different from you. I don't think I should fake myself to paint a goddess picture in this anonymous forum here.

Let me be very open here.

I do really enjoy when particular men or even women pay attention on me. It makes my day, specially if these men are my crushes.
    But this kind of feelings don't last forever. It fades away with time.
    At the same time, it doesn't mean I enjoy everyone's attention either. Sometimes, someone's comments make you nauseating too.

I dress well for myself, and for others as well. I like when I receive complements from others, including men for my dressing sense. It makes my day.
    But then, I don't purposely dress up for others only. Just that, such appreciations and remarks from certain people make me happy.

As for flirts, I don't think I have flirted with anyone so far. I just don't feel comfortable doing it.
    But when someone flirts with me, I draw the line and don't appreciate if they go beyond that line.

I am not someone who will discuss only politics and worldly affairs with men. I do that too, but more importantly I don't run away when men comes to discuss other matters with me.
    Some even discuss their personal issues, and emotions openly with me. I give them an open heart, and an ear to listen, and if possible to give them a solution too.
    That's why people find me friendly and approachable.

And more importantly I don't really think that people should appreciate me for my intelligence and knowledge alone. I just want to present myself as a woman.
    So, any complement about my beauty, about my character, about my wisdom, about my parenting etc..etc.. makes my day.

Just that, I have the confidence about myself that I don't fall for cheap flirts and emotions, rather I can strictly maintain my lines, and make the other person respect the same too.
    I do that with a class, and not necessarily by creating any drama.

A few years back, a colleague of mine tried flirting with me, just like how he would do that with other women.
    He was proud about himself to be able to make many women fall for him. He calls himself a womanizer and have no remorse for that. He is indeed a good looking Spanish guy.

I was OK when he appreciated my dressing and intelligence initially. But in no time, i sensed his motives, so drew the line.
    After a point, he opened up with me in private, and proposed for a relationship indirectly.
    I did not create any drama or fuss about it. But told him firmly that I am not ready for it, because I preserve all my feelings and emotions for my H alone. Therefore, I will not appreciate such expectations hereafter.
    That was it.
    We are still friends, and we discuss many things openly.
    He continue to thank me for putting him on track and that's why he has a friend for life.

I still believe, it is all about us. But at the same time, I suggest those who do not have control over their emotions, to stay away from other men.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Sorry, but I guess you have missed the discussion point here.
    This thread is not about flirting, it is about the 5 different lines quoted below