What is LOVE?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Lalitha Shivaguru, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,

I always felt that Love is something very beautiful & divine. But for most of us love becomes very conditional. Like I love my husband because he is so good, my kids because they are mine.......and the list goes on. Sometimes we don't love a person because of some of his negative traits or some traits which are not acceptable to us.

I am now thinking why love should be conditional, a divine emotion should be free flowing & unconditional. But how to make this happen. If everyone of us think like this (though in IL we have members like this) the world will always be a better place to live.

In this journey of finding the divine love, atleast I have decided that I will not be hating any person for the core of my heart. If they do not like me also no problems! I will still try to shower all my love (still trying not 100% successful) on them.

Hence, I need all your help to give me more suggestions and ways to reach the goal of my life - that is to achieve the divine LOVE !!!

2. sathyavenkat

sathyavenkat New IL'ite

Lovely mail from a lovable person. Trying not to change the other person but accepting him/her with all his shortcomings is a step towards ur goal. Love always gives and never expects/takes, so once it becomes so free-flowing without expectations, u will automatically exude divine love.- cheers sathya venkat

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Arre Why no takers for love itself !

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dearmost Lalitha
    Wonderful thread so well written.sorry i did not see earlier. just saw bec. ic ame to the vedanta post by CHithra.
    You are so absolutely right when you talk about divine love and I think you are in the right path as far as your approach goes. If one has only love inside and so has nothing else to offer. You send a silent blessing to a person who is not in agreement with your path. But you have to continue your journey forward.
    Good luck and God Bless you in your path to reaching the Divine Love and becoming one with the Divine.

5. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dear AC,

Thanx for your encouraging words. As there was no takers, i was really wondering whether I have not conveyed properly.bonk:confused2:

Thanx a lot.:lol:

6. Anandchitra

Dearest Lalitha
    Sometimes certain posts gets hidden and so not visible. i spotted bec i came to the vedanta post. maybe posting in the snippets section, more people can enjoy.
    I also wanted to add this: I read that even if you do not like or approve someone, you can just standby. By sending hateful thoughts or hate you get into the lower vibration energy which is not good. But by sending them good wishes or being a silent and loving spectator it is the way to go.
    The more good books you get to read the more your thoughts would go in spiritual circles.
    keep posting..

7. Anandchitra

dEAR Senthan
    I feel blessed that you have replied here and I could read..so I am fortunate..I have many of your posts and replies and truly impressed with your knowledge. Thank You.

8. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dear AC & Senthan,

Thanx a lot for your well wishes and suggestions

I totally:iagree with you Senthan and it is a very:goodidea: to keep noting in a book and introspecting at the end of the day. I shall do the same and see how I progress.

AC: I also meant to say the same thing that I don't want to hate anybody because I have experienced in my life that when I started to hate somebody I feel miserable, then the realisation dawned on me as to why I should hate them? may be they are correct in their own perspective. If at all I am practising some little things it is due to the blessings and discourses of Swami Sukhabodhananda as I am die hard fan of his.

Thanx a lot once again.

9. Anandchitra

Dear Senthan
    If you dont mind me asking, are you referencing any book in yur reply. My only reason for asking is to be able to read the book. Thank You.