What is Karma-Yoga ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Mar 1, 2007.

1. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Please dont stop... keep these posts coming...

love,
    jothi

2. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    Please continue with abstract topics since I do enjoy reading them, pondering on these topics and of course I kinda make my point when I discuss these subjects with M:-D Please............continue and waiting for such topics in future.
    Love,

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jothi & Radha,
    You both have been very kind to me, besides Meena.
    Even if just a handful are interested, I am prepared to go ahead. It is just that I should'nt be forcing such topics on all of you.
    Thankyou very much, friends.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra

No Chithra you are not forcing it on us at all. It is our pleasure to have you here to explain all these things in such a simple way. There will be lots and lots of silent readers who are going through these forums. So please do not quit.

with prayers
    vidhi

5. Chitvish

Dear Vidhi,
    Thankyou very much ! Typical of you, my dear Vidhi!! I know how interested you are in this forum.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

My dear chitra,
    I am a silent reader of this forum,I am really enjoyed reading every weeks posts.Please dont stop,keep them posting.

7. Chitvish

Dear Madurai Ponnu,
    If everybody is a silent reader, how do I sense your pulse at all ??!!
    I need you to be "verbal" so that I will have the initiative to continue at all.
    Thankyou for your kind words.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

:2thumbsup: Please do continue the thread... Looking forward to your introductory comments on Gita.

Thanks
    Gayathri.

9. Chitvish

Dear Gayathri,
    Thanks.
    Yes, I am planning to write introduction to the Gita from different aspects !
    I will also be giving a few topics on introduction to vedanta, culture topics etc.
    I hope to make an interesting blend so that heaviness or monotony will not set in - God help me !!
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra,

I used to be an avid reader earlier on in life (novels, historical stuff etc) , but somehow the area of philosophy had always scared me...perhaps, I was afraid of sthg ...but after reading ur posts, I think I am prepared to "devour" more...makes me come closer to my inner self.

I am a working woman, recently married, living abroad...and I realize that many times, I am extremely caught up in routines - home-office-home-office etc etc etc...the moments, when I am on my own with some free time, I start brooding on philosophical lines more from "why shd I expect anybody to behave with me in a certain way?", "why are things the way they are?", "why do I have expectations at all from anybody, including myself?", "why do others have some expectations from me?"....many times, I become introspective and sometimes sad also, when I try to match expectations vs reality...but yes, I want to delve deeper into such questions as I believe that at some stage, I want to reach a certain level of emotional maturity.

Yes, I agree that this IS a serious topic, but very relevant to all of us, especially in this ultra-competitive modern age, and especially for women, who now don multiple roles in their lives.

I am also eagerly waiting for the thread dedicated to Bhagvat Gita and may be even on some other sacred literatures such as Vedas, the 18 Puranas, Ramayana, Mahabharata etc and what we have to learn and imbibe from these.

So, please keep guiding us with ur pearls of wisdom...

With love
    Pavithra