1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is it with women and parallel parking?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sujathaumakanth, May 7, 2010.

1. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

Hi Laksh

Ha ha, yep, getting a lot of training in the beast mobile lately. We have been doing some heavy driving up and down during weekends lately, so I get a lot of practice in our 4WD.

But then I really admire women who drive back home.......even though I learnt driving in India, I dont think I will ever be confident enuf to venture out in cars when I go back home. Even while crossing roads on foot, I have to rely on someone to guide me safely there.

Thanks for your comment :)

2. sujathaumakanth

Thanks Viji Aunty, appreciate you being the first one to post a comment :)

3. sujathaumakanth

Hi Mindi, hats off to yr daughter :)) Mine on the other hand, even though she is just 7 yrs old, is already taking lessons on how not to park.......the other day, I heard her tell her 4 yr old bro......"it is ok mugi, we have to wait, cant get out of the car as soon as mummy stops the car, she needs to adjust her parking a few times and then when she finally has that proud smile on her face letting us know she is done with her parking, we can remove our seatbelts".......what can I say :)) I just gritted my teeth and was thinking "wait sweetheart, when u hit ur teens and come to me for yr driving lessons, I will wait for sweet revenge".....ha ha.

4. sujathaumakanth

Dear Aruna, from what I can gather, you have been all over the place.......Fiji, Australia, now Egypt :) How long have u been in Cairo? Egypt has been one of the places I have been longing to visit.....while I was in Europe, I almost decided to go, but then decided to give up at the last minute. So are you learning Arabic now?

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sujatha
    Just yesterday I completed 3 years here. usually 3 to 4 years is maximum in a country. I don't go out of the house much so not in contact too with the locals so not much of arabic:) just a few words here and there...
    In between there is Malaysia too where I have stayed:)
    But did not do driving in Malaysia and Egypt.

Last edited: May 10, 2010