1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Independence According To Women

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sindmani, May 12, 2017.

1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

After the release of the movie bahubali( I did not see) , social media has many memes of Anushka which says she has played a role of bold , self made woman with dignity. I really want to see the movie to see the character. Yes woman needs to be bold , she needs her independence. What is it? I feel it is the ability of a woman to think of her own, to have her career chosen by her , to have the freedom to stay at home after marriage if she wants or work in a firm which she likes and is her passion not which is near her place. Then foremost to be given a respect as a human too by all. She is not a mere baby making machine. We women think us as inferior that we can't do this , we can't do that, can't lift wait, can't drive a jeep etc But scientific truth is we are also as strong as men physically, our will power is more than that of men. I think if we start becoming independent and a person with good self esteem, no mother in law , daughter in law issues will be there. We don't need our husband or son to approve our identity.A woman who was suppressed all her life until she gave birth to her son and has crossed many supressions for being a woman will naturally suppress another woman who she thinks is her competitor . there are good women too who think that her daughter in law should not face the problems she faced . They are great people. I pay my respect to them.Our identity is our self confidence

2. Suja9

Suja9 Silver IL'ite

Yes @sindmani. I believe that MIL or DIL, the person must think not to create problems to others. And if this is the mindset of every person, there will not be any fights at all.. :rolleye:
    Devasena in Bahubali was a fantastic character. Anushka has played it so well. :)

sindmani likes this.
  3. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Thanks . I need more inputs from all the people here. Because the word independence what is it to a woman. Yes I know women are now far better than they were few decades back. now they are coming out of the shell but still why so much of problems for her and why so much judgements regarding everything she does, why domestic violence, why harassment aimed at her, why still we don't feel safe in India.if we have The so called good life then why a women is discriminated. When a couple does not have child , she is asked the reason or why question on if they are not planning. But no one asks the child plan to her husband. A childless woman's life is tough . in cinema industry too women are facing problems. Mother in law , daughter in law jokes, or wife jokesare common. In our society mothers, sisters, daughters are respected but not wife. Where is our society going.. I think its better I count little blessings we have now. A particular incident I read triggered this thought in me. Sorry if this is pessimistic post. But I can't help it.

periamma and Umanga like this.
  4. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

These are some of the things I thought about...
    Independent woman:
    1. Knows how to start things and keeps herself busy
    2. Confident enough to prioritize herself and her health
    3. Doesn't ask for permission, knows her own mind
    4. Able to say 'No' and isn't pushed into doing things
    5. Able to take other peoples opinions, but will make her own decision

5. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Bhumibabe thanks for ur inputs. Really nice one and very true.

6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Good thread.you are right.

I cannot talk about others but for me independence is feeling liberated.To be who I am.To not get affected by the opinion of others.To feel at peace.Feeling of security.

It does not matter if I am pretty or ugly,if I am a homemaker or working woman,If I am rich or poor,If I am loud or quiet etc etc etc..If I am OK being who I am,that is independence for me.

sindmani likes this.
  7. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True Anika madam. I know u from indusladies forums. Ur views are good. I always liked ur views on various topics. Thanks

anika987 likes this.
  8. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

All that @BhumiBabe mentioned above and some more

1. Fundamental- independent woman appreciates, loves and guards herself first before she expects someone else to appreciate, love and guard her

2. An independent woman knows her strength and most importantly her flaws. She accepts the faults just as easily as she accepts compliments!

3. An independent woman is someone who understands her personality and seeks resources to improve her if she recognizes her limitations and faults. She is someone who believes in the power of forgiveness!

4. She defines her own success. She does not need stereotypical definitions set by the society to gauge her. In this day and age, an independent woman does not seek the approval of social media and her many acquaintances which people mistakenly take as her friends.

5. On that note, she is someone who enjoys the company of her close friends and fearlessly is there when her friends need her the most. She is someone who values her contribution towards society in general over and above her family and friends.

6. She is someone who knows what she can and can not do. She is someone who looks for solutions within her control and let the universe takes its time to show a miracle.

7. An independent woman not only seeks independence and freedom for herself but also knows how to give it to people around her. She is someone who balances a fine trade off between responsibility and freedom, especially when she raising another generation.

8. An independent woman knows how to make her own money if there is a need. She knows how to keep her mind sharp when she decides to take a break to raise her kids or take care of the family. She is smart at investing/ growing/ saving her hard earned money.

9. An independent woman knows the difference between a need and a want. She is someone who knows how to feel rich, both in times of prosperity and in financially tough times. In general, She knows that she can enjoy a good night sleep without a mattress between her and the ground because all she needs is love.

10. Most importantly, she is someone who has a strong faith in goodness and knows how to count her blessings.

BhumiBabe and sindmani like this.
  9. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Thanks blessings madam. true

10. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Based on ur response we can say a woman needs to be educated.