1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is happening to me ????

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Naksh, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your thoughts Nand.

"The thing is you guys need time to rekindle your intimacy" - if love life is what you meant Nand, it was and is going well.

Aksh.

2. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Venon Thank You for helping me.

"Go out for an hour or so and do what you like" - Man... trying to get me stammered again (jus joking). This has been a problem, ever since we were married. I used to take her along to the court when I play, where she would wander around. We cannot do that anymore, I dont want my daughter in the tennis courts, while she should be sleeping cozy at home. She says I roam around all day and still want to be outside after hours, while she had been at home all day. Well, am not enjoying my field trips darn it, that is my job and it could be exhausting and i need some play time to wash the effects off, before i reach home.

"but this surrendering, submissive and over sensitiveness will not help you and rather would irritate your wife more and will get her into a habit of dominating, criticizing etc"
    Sounds very ugly, but trust me Venon when i say it is not like that. She is not that type, I have seen her since our school and college, but have known her personally only for 3 yrs. She is a typical gorgeous south Indian lady from a beautiful town of temples called "Madura" , to the south of TamilNadu ( I beleive). Cultural differences are there for sure, but it affects only while watching tv, I cant watch her senti regional movies and she cant watch mine and iff ever she want to watch my langueage shows, those would be Ektaa's crap.

"Helping her" - It seemed to me I have been of tremondous help by bringing food home and holding the baby while she eats. She wants to cook at home, does all the work and be like a dead cat by the end of the day,...and yet we do that but no to outside khana. There is no help from her family - they are still against our marriage. And she has not heard from them till today.

Aksh.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  3. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Shilpa. Sorry yaar, but were you talking to me in your post? You seem to be a jovial kind by the smileys that you come up with in your messages. I would not want her grounded Shilpa. :rotfl
    Aksh.

4. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

I don't think we know this earlier.For any women,giving child birth without paretns is very very sad.May be your wife sometimes hit by that and getting into sad mood without any reason.You need to be her side Man.Really!
    Did you make any effort to reach them.I beleive she is really missing her parents.After child they emotions are very strong compare to before.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  5. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

No Priya. I mean, even if I tried they would not udnerstand what I say and I would not understand what they say. But ofcourse, my wife talks to them though her Dad, "aappa" is what she calls him, does not talk to her. They talk all "vanga vanga..ponga ponga" .

Ok. I get. Like You, Nand and others have mentioned these must be post baby effects. Thanks.

Aksh.

6. sarma

sarma Senior IL'ite

Hmmm. Her crying makes you take her into your arms and rock her even tough you don't feel for her pain (May be you feel that she has no reason to cry. May be?) . Nice positive feedback loop! What did you expect will happen often?

Don't feel bad. Just allow some space for her.

7. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Nopes thats my condition back home :bonkafter almost 7 yrs of marriage, I need to explicitly dig compliments from him like a small baby, yest he finished the platter for mint pasta ASAP then I asked him, how was it, he said yeah it was COOL, reserve some for my dinner :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl. Thanks for appraisal, office one doesn't seem to be coming with any +ve vibes.......

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  8. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

When do these post baby effects subside? Its becoming tough.
    Unable to get close to her, if you know what i mean.
    Even though she is nice to me, I do not feel that closeness and confidence by the way she talks at times*. All she has to say is I lack in this, i lack in that, I dont understand her and i do not udnerstand feelings of a woman and that i can never understand her till we die. What am i not understanding? These are just talks , no fights, just spoken as a matter of facts and i cannot muster up confidence to get close to her.

Regarding help witht the baby and household work, I do as much as I can except cooking.

Edit: Edited a bit, for being a bit explicit.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  9. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

She says those only when in 'not so good' mood. I know she does not mean those. But words do their work.

10. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

@Sarma- Apologies for the delayed response. Exactly, I feel there is no need for her to cry. Thanks.

@Shilpa- Keep up the spirit. When in worries, we make it look comic, it helps.