1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is happening to me ????

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Naksh, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Vidya21

Vidya21 Senior IL'ite

Aksh,

You might also want to do a little google search on new fatherhood and depression.

Parenthood affects men as much as women. Sadly, their issues are overlooked since the underlying (faulty!) assumption that since they did little, its not tough on them; that they did not have to undergo labor, did not have to go through physiological changes etc. The truth is, new-parenthood affects men and there is little emotional support for men to turn to at that juncture.

Search a little online about how new-fatherhood changes your life, and talk to someone trusted, perhaps a friend who has gone through being a new parent recently.

Good luck, and enjoy your new baby!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Aksh,

Things will be fine. Maybe she is going through a phase after childbirth. Hang on man, you will be alright. Love will prevail.

3. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Thank You all for the suggestions and assurances. Please consider this “blanket” thank you note as my way of explicitly thanking each one of you.

I have known her for about 3 yrs now personally. Yes, Pregnancy and Baby Birth, she’s gotten into several roles a neighbor, a friend, fiancé, Wife and a Mother in a short span of time.

I help her as much as I can with work. No issues there.

I tell you, the more I try to be understanding and try to give in, more is the amount of anger am developing towards her. So I feel its better being as am (with no anger) than trying to change for our sake at the cost of building anger towards her. Please help me with this and my issue will be resolved.

Please guide me how to not feel, that I always have to give in since I don’t cry.

Thanks for the support.

Aksh.

4. goldilock

goldilock New IL'ite

Naksh, I can kind of understand what you mean as I can relate your situation to ours.
    Even after quite a few years of marriage, its my DH who always gives in - and he's quite a darling for that. Its only of late that I have started learning the "giving in" act. I used to behave the exact same way as your wife.. in the beginning I would get upset with my DH for every small thing.. and in return got used to his pampering and "giving in". So much so that, just as you say, I would start feeling miserable and cry if he doesnt do that - and till he does that. Poor DH, sometimes he would lose his patience..

I think you should have a balance.. dont give in too much. First fix your wife's expectations right. Have at least one frank chat, where you convey to her that you love her, you dont mind giving in because you love her, but she cant expect that from you always as you are a human being too. So she better grow up and stop expect being pampered all the time.

And mark my words, both of you will get used to these situations and learn to laugh over it as days go on. Every day into marriage gives us some learning no matter how many years you've been in it. But the fact that the initial years are bound to be swaying (no matter how much you love each other) until you start settling down slowly, cant be stressed enough. Initially we dream of being a perfect couple, (which is next to impossible in my opinion) and when we find thats not so, we tend to get disheartened and numerous questions starting popping up from our head..

So relax.. things will change.. Good luck

5. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Aksh, do you belong to the category of people who get easily bored of their possession & need something new now?

There are quite a few people who over explore and over involve like a supersonic jet and with an equal speed get bored & back off and search for new gadget or a relation.

6. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    Goldilock. You do know how it must feel being in the position am in.
    A frank talk - She is "Cindrella", "A dark knight comes and rescues her over" - type of girl. Havign a frank talk would make it even worse (no, it in in no way does effect our day to day life, only that what ever we talk is in our inner hearts, hurting). I forget anything and everything soon (in the morning she has to replay what had happened last night), but she is not that kind. If I say something wrong. She would die over thinking and thinking as to what had happened to our life, where did she go wrong.
    [/JUSTIFY]

To be fair for her, she is a sweet girl. I can be really harsh with words sometimes (as per her), but for me as I forget things, they do not seem to bother a lot. I can understand the pain she goes through. But am helpless, I act lilke possessed (Max for two mins) and then cool down saying sorry. but the damage is already done. I need to control my loose tongue and stay calm. And when I do that, she will be "You were not like this before," , i think she misses my circus.

Okay. So now I know we are at the transitioning phase and soon we will laugh over ourselves thinking 'what an immature pair we were'. But is this an inkling of how we will be, after the transtiion? then this is not good, we dont want the transition, it was nice before.

Aksh.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  7. kma

kma Gold IL'ite

Take a reality check. You have been married for only 13 months and you have a baby. However much you dont realise, having a baby changes priorities for a mother because she is the main caretaker for the baby, usually. Romance also takes a back seat with a crying baby at night right? But usually when the baby grows up a little bit things should be back to normal. Almost.

8. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Shilpa. Yes. I do belong to that category or should I say I did belong?
    Whatever you have said, truly depicts my nature. Always need something (or someone) new and interesting. But wait, everything is true, except that I do not think I get bored of my Wife. If it was so I would have felt bored of my family too..would'nt i? She is my family now. Family is aside, it has got a protective bubble surrounding it, that boredom would not dare to breach.
    As a matter of fact, I was very worried about this nature of mine before marriage (being commited to a single person - a dreaded thought). Post marriage, day by day, my dependency on her increased to a great extent (though she does not realize that or may be she does but would not show it to me), so me thinks me is not that kind anymore.

Aksh.

9. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Changing family is a difficult task to do even till date.. whilst changing wives is affordable by multi-billionaires & hollywood stars.. remaining men mark wives as family.. hence can't be changed :rotfl:rotfl.

Its gud that you feel changed.. however the intensity of your inputs into the relation has come down... Eg: you dont feel moved when she drops a tear as it was in initial days. Old habits die hard & I just wish that you keep this flame ignited.
    This inclination effects more on the lady cos once your energy level drops & you do less for wify she starts associating that maybe childbirth is associated to loss of attraction hence less importance.. and left clueless... whereas it was a part of your personality... its just that you need to make constant efforts to reach the same peak :thumbsup.

10. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Hi Naksh,

It seems like both of you are not getting time for each other because of the new member in your family. Like many have mentioned,the new parents will be in an emotionally tuff state for some time.This may be that peiod for both of you. I am sure you both love each other, it is just the routine responsibilites of life that are catching up on you both. Spend more time with each other by talking and connecting more ,when the baby is asleep.

Good Luck. Hang in there. This phase wil pass.