1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Getting Ready In Your Kitchen For This Diwali

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Nov 5, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

VOW THAT IS GREAT KAMLA,
    I ALWAYS LOVE VISUALS THEY HAVE A GREATER IMPACT ON THE HUMAN MIND WHICH VISUALIZES ANY THING WHETHER YOU ARE READING THROUGH A NOVEL OR LISTING SWEETS AND SAVORIES, AND THIS PICTURE IS SO PERSONAL, I AM OVERWHELMED THANKU FOR YOUR GIFT..SUNKAN

2. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Madam, Sorry for not replying for your post. I was a bit busy with deepavali. Hope u tried Meena Krishnan's recipe for seven-cup sweet. Instead of coconut i add a cup of powdered nuts.

Besan, milk, ghee and powdered nuts - 1 cup each
    sugar - 3 cups. Mix everything put in slow fire and keep stirring until the mixture thickens like that of mysurpa. then spread in the greased plate and make pieces. It would taste awesome with nuts.

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hey sujathae,
    where is ur list from the kitchen, thanku for the receipe, i will try sometime..sunkan

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sunkan
    You still get time to come on the net with Giri around, That is really good. Why did you remove you avatar, you were looking so great beside you name please get it back. Enjoy.

5. umasaras

umasaras Senior IL'ite

hi all,
    great to read about all of you making different types of sweets and karams. For my part I tried badam cake and after several hours (just joking)of trying refused to take the form of cake, made repeated attempts of pouring in the plate and waiting to cool down but my badam cake stayed as badam halwa, anyways it was eatable so all efforts did not go to waste. Ofcourse there has to be rawa ladu for deepawali so this time I tried rava and moong dal laddu. It came out well and mixture.
    uma

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear uma,
    these things do happen in the learning years and then you go on to master all sweets and make it in a jiffy, so as it was edible now that is a great thing happening, nice to know you also made rava and moong ladu and mixture...regards sunkan