What is Dharma ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jan 25, 2007.

1. vidyasarada

vidyasarada Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra
    I have always thought, that tamil saying was speaking of Dharma as in righteousness and in the FB too, I was not thinking of charity but the dharma of your post ! I thought that thalaikakkum business comes from the original sanskrit saying: Dharmo rakshati rakshitaha .
    VS

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dear Lavanya!

As you rightly write, dharma is essential for everybody & the society at large.
    We can always, explain every action (right or wrong!) presenting our point of view more by word magic than the truth in the statement.
    Thanks for your F B.
    What is Karma Yoga, Be a Karma Yogi ..... are all coming in due course.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Anjalie

Anjalie New IL'ite

Hi Chitramma,

A very nice topic to discuss on.. apt for this age where ppl go fighting for materialistic reasons.

I guess I am bit late in posting this note.:hide:
    But was actually inspired by your posts on science and religion and started reading all your posts now

Rather than calling this topic to be heavier to understand.. we can actually call it as harder to follow..

Though people understand the meaning of dharma, not many follow it as they feel it is not their part.

You rock again :bowdown

Regards,
    Anjali

4. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mam,

I would really appriatiate all your writtings here. Thank you very much for taking your time and writting so beautifully for all of us here.

Now, I understand darma as the "rules for leading human life", now I read your post and understand it, can you please write an other post of list of all rules to be followed.

I mean, our ansisters back in 13th centure and before know what are the darma stutras to follow. Now in this new generation there is no book that writes what are the stutras to be followed as darma stutras.

Please mam can you take time and write what are the darma stutras to be followed by humans which are known by our ansisters.

thank you very much,
    sweety