What irritates you?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by BhargaviChakravarthy, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Re: What irritates you??

Bhargavi,
    Don't you think living with the in-laws irritates you to the most...just kidding.. (friends, take this on a lighter note...)

I do get irritated when the room is messy, when somethings are not in its place, when children or DH do not follow my 'clean-up' routine..where people take people for granted and the list is long..

wherever and whenever, I see or hear any violence..

Don't come to a conclusion,that I am irritated all the time...Big Laugh

sriniketan

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Bc
    interesting topic.. more than I get irritated others get MORE irritated with me.
    Let me just list a very very few here as the list is endless.
    1. Family gets irritated with me because I dont take bath as soon as i get up (unlike them).
    2. I talk when t.v. show is going
    So the list is endless..

3. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

BC,

Here is my nerve picker

1. I hate self boasting
    2. I dont involve in politics either at home and at work hence people think I'm a high headed lady(Not my mistake)
    3. I do get irritated if i see dripping water,unnecessary wastage of Electricity and high tv volume.

My list is endless. Nice topic.

4. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

this is indeed a good topic that helps self realization.!!! i now realize that i get angry for everything.. if the vegetables doesnt cook fast and if i keep it on high it will get spoiled.. if the house is not spic and span.. if am hungry and am not in a mood to cook i get irritated on each and everyhting i see... hehe the list goes on and on!!!

5. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

dear bhargavi
    as always u came up with a beautiful and thought provoking thread.
    i'm sure this will fire many of us to sit down and pen a few lines..as i'm though i was about to shut down for the day and this came across.
    i get irritatedRant
    1when people say this country is going to dogs...
    they never sit back to think that what is their contribution to the rot.
    i love my country...for better or for worse and try to talk it out evry where that we should keep up our try to bring it about and the first step is passion for our mother land. nothing is done by feeble thoughts.
    2secondly wastage of any sort..i'm the sort who used to switchoff all the lights off every morning,in my hostel , would put off the taps, TRY( if the child listens ) to teach my child about it and what not.
    and there are many things which have already been discussed..but they r temporary irritations.

6. sowmyapbhat

sowmyapbhat Senior IL'ite

Hello Bhargavi,

The one most irritating thing for me was - back home in India, when I step out of the house in the morning, to be greeted by a freshly-laid pile of dog poo at the gate! And visitors will step on it and bring the mess into the house...Rant

Some people love to bring their dogs to answer nature's call near others' houses - why can't they do so near their own houses instead? That is a typical 'Not in my backyard' attitude! :spin

Another act I find very irritating is when people ask questions about the obvious - for e.g., I was sitting at a table in the office canteen. A female co-worker of mine passed by, and I smiled at her. Instead of smiling back, she asked 'Is that a pimple on your face?' with obvious delight - I suppose that is the most important thing we have to talk about!

The list can go on and on... maybe simultaneously we should talk about our own failings so that a balance is maintained! :)

Cheers,
    Sowmya

7. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Aha ! Good topic.. :thumbsup
    I get irritated when I see last minute cancellation of anything ! Maybe an outing or party . It irritates when we are infromed in the 11th hour !!
    Also get irritated when I see laid back attitude ! When there is plenty of time and work to do and people postpone it for no reason or only because they " dont feel " like !! I am always on my toes and maybe this is why I lose my cool !!

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

This thread really made me think. Probably the most irritating thing for me is - when people don't show up on time and likewise if we get delayed reaching a particular place - socially or otherwise (appointments etc).

9. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear malspie,
    Thanks for coming again.Definitely when the atmosphere is pleasant and clean,our confusions and tensions are halved.This is the fact i have found out of experience.

I think many are matching me in my opinion.
    Go ahead.Keep posting.:cheers

BC

10. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi dear sriniketan,
    My thread is not complete with out your feedback.I feel every one is particular about keeping the house upto the mark.Good about that.

Don't you think living with the in-laws irritates you to the most...just kidding.. (friends, take this on a lighter note...)

For this,i can't give my opinion right now.I can tell after i get married :)and find whether i get irritated or not???Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh:hide:

Basically i feel sad rather then irritated when seeing violence.Because how many are losing their lives and how many are suffering ....

Thanks for your thought provoking feedback...

BC