What inspired you to select ur avatar?

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by ridgemma, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Hey ladies

We have been cin lotsa new avatars in IL. Just share with us y did u select ur avatar,What made it stand out when u saw ur sweet avatar ?

For me my avatar, is how i see myself in future. Bit laid back, loves luxuries of life, ,no financial or personal worries, feel like :queen at rest. right now i am bit tensed about my fertility front. I want to be like the gal in my avatar.:iagree

So what are ur thoughts ???

Luv

ridge

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

nice thread, Ridgemma.
    Mine was designed by Sunkan.
    I love nature and love to travel, the latter, which is not happening now, so I decided to travel around the world through my avatar!

sriniketan

3. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai ridge..

where do u get all this idea yaar.........very nice thread

Even i always used to think about this......trust me..........

I selected jus bcos i want to laugh always..........be happy......... and be cheerful..........and make others also happy......

do u know tamil............

kuzandai siripila kodi dhukkam kuda maraichidumam.......

i.e., we will be able to forget all our problems,worries .........etc.........if we see baby 's laughing...face...........

latamurali

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I Avatar keeps changing like my Screensaver and Wallpaper. I like variety and love change. You will find me in different avatars all the time.

Good post ...

5. Shreesundaram

Shreesundaram Silver IL'ite

Hi Ridge,

My Avatar is "Aathyantha prabhu" that is half Lord Ganesha and another half is Lord Hanuman, Basically i am devotee of Hanuman and my hubby is a devottee of Ganesha,so i like this Prabhu very much, Moreover this particular photo is made by me. Sentimetally also i selected this:idea,

regards

SHREESUNDARAM

6. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Hi friends

Great thoughts on avatar selection !!!

These avatars represent, our inner self, our aspirations....

of all the avatars I enjoi lata's... what makes it more cute is the laughing kid holding toes while leaning back.:cool2:. Lata, My mother tongue is tamil. Mom is a tamil pandit.En Annaikku piragu indha chennai enakku.:)

What makes Sriniketan's avatar more unique is her name on the avatar,which I think no other avatar has. Think u r more determined to have the qualities of ur avatar.:).

Mals thinks variety is the spice of life:iagree. Are you a geminine, mals ?

And shree, I am very much touched religiously by your avatar. Can't c your avatar fully. Can u pls post it as a pdf/jpg/bmp file? We too wil have this swami's darshan. Both are brahamchari (bachelor) swamis. Is there a temple for this murthy ?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  7. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Ridge,
    This is my fourth avtaar, earlier ones being dew drops from a rose a pumpkin, rose maire. Rose is my fav flower, the pumpkin was cute and cheerful.To me rose or for that matter flowers symbolise freshness in life.:ideaThe current avatar symbolises freedom.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  8. Shreesundaram

Shreesundaram Silver IL'ite

Hi, Ridge

As you said great thoughts on avatar selection.Nice thread you have started.I am waiting for lots of our friend's great thoughts.

My point,

I made that 3 years age and hanged it on the wall very safely. Recently only i joined IL. So, just i clicked. It is very difficult to lift , Very big and heavy.

But this murthy is from a very famous Temple of MADHYAKAILAASH nearby Adyar signal. In that temple all our God's sannadhi is there. Main sannadhi is ANANTHA VINAYAGAR.Right to this sannadhi AATHYANTHA PRABHUis there.Particular sannadhi, you can do abhisheham and aarti by yourself. That is the special of this temple. I used to visit the temple atleast once in a month.

thank you,

regards

SHREESUNDARAM

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I am not able to identify the murthy in your avatar, Shreesundaram!
    Thanks for clarifying it!
    We also had "Aathyantha Prabhu' as our screen saver, good to see them back in your avatar!

sriniketan

10. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Nice thread Ridge!! I also wonder about it sometimes...why do people choose what they did for their avataar...:)

As for me - I love nature and fresh flowers. Hence this tulip just clicked with me. The beautiful color, freshness of the flower and warmth of the day just oozes out of this picture for me.:)

Even the handle I have chosen for myself - "Aarushi" means a ray of the sun...I love the meaning and the musical tone of the word....he he..:-D

love,
    Aarushi

PS: For the next 2 weeks, I've chosen a thanksgiving avataar..to wish all my fellow IL'ites a very Happy Thanksgiving...:)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.