What health risk do you think most threatens women?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Aug 27, 2007.

What health risk do you think most threatens women?

1. Heart disease

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Breast or cervical cancer

13 vote(s)
    32.5%
  3. Osteoporosis

21 vote(s)
    52.5%
  4. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Very apt topic brought into notice.Actually i am scared and frightened when it comes to health.That too when i see in many films(actors holding the chest and the doctor may sudeenly tell "He/she had a mild attack).Oh my god.Accordingly heart attack is a dreadful disease.Though risk of cancer is increasing these days and even my father died because he was suffering from colon cancer.He struggled a lot with the pain.I may think at times'God,Never give any disease to human" but in today's world it has become a part of the life.99% of the people visit hospitals for one reason or the other.May be it would have become a
    fashion(Never mind:tongue ).According to me heart disease threatens women at most.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  2. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello ILites

In a way I am happy that I chose such a serious subject for poll topic. It has created an immense awareness among all of us. Very true like Kanaka Raghavan said it is must to do a routine medical checkup every year. We cannot be lethargic or neglecting our health. So my dear friends take good care of your health.

Thank you all for posting such a valuable and awareness creating messages.

3. nakkamanju

nakkamanju New IL'ite

its really a gud topic which will create an awareness among us.....i really fear abt heart attack as ilost my mom when i was 8 yrs old for heart attck she was pretty healthy lady but dont know what went wrong ,....

thats y i always tend to be health concious sometimes i feel i am obsessed becoz i really want to be around my daughter and c all her achievements and help her when she needs me