What Have You Done Or Doing To Defeat Mundaneness In Life?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SeekingMind, Oct 19, 2016.

1. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

At any point of time so far in your life, have you felt lost, aimless/goalless, mundane and down? What have you done about it?
    If you are like the wise one who understands oneself very well then what do you do to never let that happen to you?

Please share lifestyle routines, changes you make/made pretty much anything you did to be satisfied.

anika987 likes this.

2. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

I tried some art and craft stuff. Gardening also. Now playing badminton on weekends. Looking forward to play with dh to burn some calories.

Other than this my dd, we need to learn new new things for them. Being creatively explaining will help them grasping the things.
    Some weekends new recipes.
    Now indusladies.
    Life is going on.

3. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

When I came to US, first few months were very busy with setting up the house, getting to know the neighborhood, cooking and exploring new recipes. Soon this all became mundane. To overcome this monotony, I learned driving then sky was limit, Started my dance class again after a gap of 13 year!! Learnt cake baking and decoration, learnt knitting and crocheting. Completed my MS. My DH is very active in cultural meet-ups and music, so I started volunteering in the programs and started arranging house-concerts.
    Did tons of outings, hiking, camping. Now a mom to a toddler and second one on the way, life is far from being mundane. I feel there should be more than 24 hours in the day.

anika987, Bubbles, Rihana and 6 others like this.
  4. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

I devote myself to learn a new skill...

But when one feels lost, it is a wake-up call to rearrange life and it's content.

Most of the skill I try to learn, are outdoor kinds, move your body kinds..it helps me. When deeply unsatisfied, I cannot enjoy being indoors- I have to get out ..in nature or just outside.

Nature inspires me.

I count my blessings..

I buy new lipstick, new nail color.

I try to save money...plan in my head.

I take good quality multi vitamin with iron, eat raw stuff- like salad, fruits etc, raw stuff have a way to cleanse body.

5. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

A year ago, when I was around 6 month pregnant I decided to be on H4 and now I am a SAHM. Life felt being stuck with a lot of time on hand. With a baby I found a nice way to stay on top of the chore chart and daily activities. I have a schedule. To me completing the chore chart with some time on my hand is enough at this point I have 1 year old running around. Sometimes I feel so stuck coz being a SAHM is not easy. I have small goals.. that is manageable with my DS. Like completing a course work for the weekday and on weekends my DH and I try to hike if we are too exhausted being parents we go for a long walk with our DS.

anika987, Bubbles, dc24 and 4 others like this.
  6. lalsang123

lalsang123 Bronze IL'ite

I try to read more and more things so that I will be well equipped to answer my kid's questions.. When I was in my school or college I didn't even try my hands on drawing.. Now I have started developing interest on painting.. So whenever I am free I try to draw and paint a picture on a chart.. Of course I login to IL sometimes and do go through it daily..

anika987, dc24 and SeekingMind like this.
  7. SeekingMind

I am getting some nice ideas. Thank you all and keep them coming. I am at a stage where my kids don't need my continuous attention. Work has become monotonous. Nothing challenging or worth looking forward to. And sometimes I feel all I do is eat, do some boring repetitive work, sleep and repeat. Social media comes to my rescue sometimes. Same with hubby. We want to do something different but not motivated enough again. Some days evenings are spent sitting in front of each other, no tv as kids are studying and anyway we're also not interested , just both of us and silence.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    anika987, skalluri, MNR and 1 other person like this.
  8. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Wow, you are living my dream life of a successful woman!!
    Job+two kids+ well raised kids + studious kids + marriage

A repetitive mundane life is what I wanted, that includes job and marriage with two kids. You are successful!! as per me!

One person's rock is another another person's diamond. But we all have to look for our diamonds. So, we have to satified as per our own standards/ perspective.

First of all, know that you have a perfect life, just need to add some spice to it. You have been so busy working, raising your kids that this sudden 'less busy situation' is annoying you.

Okay here are some ways you can feel a little motivated/ charged up:
    Plz consult a physician, and yourself first.

1) Sign up for Couch to 5k. Make yourself into a runner. Get apps, read up, go after it like crazy, talk about it, post about. Don't tell me you are a runner already, I will bang my head against wall - being in awe of you of course.

2) Take tennis classes. Get the gear, apps ...the same drill

3) Get a cold press juicer...get into juicing

4) Start going to PTA meeting in your kids school. Look for some volunteer opportunities. Or just go and listen to meetings.

5) Volunteer in soup kitchen.

6) Read new books

7) Get a new hairstyle- with chemical process etc

8) Start music class for yourself or dance class for yourself

9) Plan and plant kitchen garden

10) plan and plant fruit trees

11) Start knitting

12) Plan your retirement, with your husband. Plan your kids college, wedding.

13) Plan a trip to Indian holy place

14) Plan trip to Europe, Africa

15) Cook dinner for a friend

16) Last but not least, spend more time in bedroom ..

SGBV, KashmirFlower, anika987 and 4 others like this.
  9. SeekingMind

@hermitcrab Thanks a ton for a ton of ideas and reminders you just gave there!! Yes, I am seriously thinking of changing my hairstyle first. I hope that will make me feel there is some change in my life. Ans,yes I should start volunteering more. I used to volunteer so much when my kids were in elementary school. All of a sudden I don't know why but I totally stopped it.

Vaikuntha likes this.
  10. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

With two kids I don't get much time..but with whatever time I have...I pay a visit to the nearby temple. Also..I have always loved to learn and recite slokas from various religious scriptures...so whenever I get time I do the same..
    In addition...after taking lot of inspiration from older threads in IL...I have started writing...Sri Ram Jaya Ram Jaya Jaya Ram...on a notebook..I'm relishing this spiritual writing..

SeekingMind likes this.