1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What happens when a religious leader goes haywire?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ShailRaghuvansh, Mar 4, 2010.

1. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Dear Padmini,

H! :exactly: Both, the fake swamis and the public is to blame. The public, more because they never learn from cases in history where gullible people have been cheated of their wealth, faith and self respect due to blind belief in some god proclaimed person.

You have given an apt example of Sri Krishna and Arjuna. Sadly, most of us don't want to be Arjuna. We want some mediator in between the two. We want the easy way out and the easy way need not be the right way!!

Hoping to see you soon.:)
    Shail

2. ShailRaghuvansh

Dear Sriniji,

I am pleased to no end seeing this response from you. :)

Yes, the public is the main culprit, not the swami. If only the innumerable cases in history were of some use to the public! But no, we prefer to disregard God Himself and trust our everything with these kind of people who have only hurt and humiliation to offer.:bowdown

With respect to your statement, I am also trying to understand why a Sanyasi after years of toil in mastering the Scriptures in an apparent attempt to lead his disciples from ‘Darkness unto Light’ should eternally plunge himself in darkness without any hope of redemption while engaged in a hot pursuit of unworthy women?

is the fact that these people either have little or no knowledge at all about the kundalini which can create havoc if not handled properly. As I mentioned in an earlier comment, the line between spiritual ecstasy and sexual ecstasy is very thin. And a seasoned swami will know how to manouevre the extra spiritual energy acquired through saadhna in a constructive manner. Sadly, most of these so called swamis fail completely there and then, there is no going back.

See you Sriniji.
    Shail

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2010
  3. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

I have always found it a torture to visit a holy man or woman. Part of the torture began during childhood when my parents forced me to visit their Guru and I found the business disgusting. However, my protests were in vain. The worst experience I remember is having been made to eat portions of the food left over on the plate he used for his lunch.

But I see this phenomenon everyday. Not just women succumbing the way you describe, but men too. Who knows? May be they too are sexually compromised! Not just financially.

What I don't understand is the 'holi' surrounding the holy-wallas. If you have renounced worldly pleasures and pains, does it need to be advertised? I recall in this connection an anecdote from the Ramakrishna-Kathamrita.

There was this big discussion going on about the right way to adopt to go into 'sanyas'. There were many theories being thrown against one another, each theorist claiming that his way was better than what the others were suggesting. The arguments were intense and noisy. Only one person sat quietly in a corner. He was not saying anything at all, but listenting with attention.

Finally, when the arguments reached a crescendo, he spoke up, softly but with determination. This is what he said: "Look here friends, why should you be arguing so much about a thing that is obviously quite simple."

"What," yelled his peers. "You think you know better than us? Do you know how much time we have spent reading up on this subject, how many Gurus we sought advice from? Well, if it is so simple indeed, why don't you show us the way to renunciation?"

The man smiled with humility and got up. He went up to the door leading out into the street and said, "Well, this is the way you do it." Saying so, he left and no one ever found out where he disappeared.

If you have found your God indeed, then you should be lost in him. No one will get to know the abode for which you left.

oj

4. ShailRaghuvansh

Dear Oj Da,

What a beautiful and honest reply. If only these so called holy men and their so called devotees even thought about it all, then nobody would suffer.

Sadly, the world is filled with frustrated devotees and even more frustrated swamis. So, where can one ever find renunciation and enlightenment?

We all know that if we only take the trouble and reflect within we are sure to find most of our answers be it of worldly nature or the truly spiritual.

Hoping against hope that people learn from these incidents..

Regards,
    Shail

5. hamsapriya

hamsapriya New IL'ite

How wonderfully you have said which is what i exactly believe in. If anyone is in distress they should quietly visit an orphanage or any other similar institution and console ourselves as to how better, how lucky we are and that god is has been so kind to us all thru. These fake swamijis are themselves in need of help. when one is born as a man all desires are evoked and man runs after fullfilling all the desires that the world has to offer. making money, claiming name & fame & fulfilling all the desires are okay as long as they don't cross the limit and hurt other's sentiments. Live & Let Live should be the slogan I'd like to follow and ban all the gurujis infact because one cannot in today's age make out the fake from the genuine:thumbsup

6. ShailRaghuvansh

Hi Hamsapriya,

Yes, live and let live should be the motto of all. Unfortunately, many of us are stupidly gullible believing that these fake swamis have descended straight from heaven and have all the clues to our problems.:bowdown
    No wonder, we get cheated and encourage people like these.

Once we start believing in ourselves we can distinguish the right from wrong, the fake from the genuine.

Nice of you to stop by.
    See you soon.:)
    Shail