1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What happens at 40 and 60 years of age?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I got you. kalupatti, sorry, kaluputti!

Enjoying the posts of the 50s, 40s, 30s and even 20s...mmm..nice:idea
    But where are you advices, which usually starts when our children starts to grow and understand (!) when needed...you have that job to do...

sriniketan

2. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Nice question Sriniketan, forgot to mention.Honestly speaking the younger are smarter than we were at that time, and actually we have to learn a lot from them, including giving advice only when sought!!:biggrin2:

3. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

At the age of 40 women are at their menopause stage. There will be some hormonal imbalances hot flushes sickness which are real and imaginary. The menstrual irregularities create physical and mental irritation.

That's the time the children are in their teens or adolescent stage. There is bound to be some generation gap. Their demands are sometimes fair enough and at times irresponsible.
    There are many houses where aged people with their crankness and senility and sickness make the life miserable.
    On one side we have a generation totally depend on us and there is another set of young members challenging the family set ideas.
    It's a struggle against financial stability, future of the children and our future..

For men it's a time when they have to put up with the domestic front and wive's problems. ( Many women undergo depression. Some of them really need medical help.) That's the time when men are really struggling to rise on their professional front. In these days of hire and fire he is forced to compromise at the office. He can't afford to quit for the sake of his family. It's a time of slogging adjustments and compromises.
    As you all said biologically he is at his peak. The lady cannot physically and also mentally adjust.
    Again Iam sure we ladies would like to behave in a reticent manner. Man at times cannot understand that. There are many cases of men having illicit realtion. We do remark"Look at that man flirting . He has such grown up children!" Perhaps this is the reason why 40 is called FAULTY!
    As we reach 60 by the grace of God we might have finished our responsibilities beautifully. That's the time we feel the void in life. Children might visit us but aren't we left alone.
    I have many friends who tell me "Kanaka if only I was a bit wise or calm - - -- - -. We could have avoided many confrontations. Many relationships broke due to my short temperedness. I should have been discreet in my spending. I would not have to depend on my children or burden them. I should have listened to my husband when he said I have to be bit strict with our children- -- - - - - and what not"
    Men also realise after all my wife is my wife. The only person who will remain till the end is she.
    There is remorse and also happiness when we complete our duties at the age of 60. Do you all agree with me? kanaka

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  4. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

At the age of 58 Iam more calm. No more getting angry fast. In Malayalam there is one saying"Randaam(second) vakkinnu (word) keri addikkuka(slap). I have become very silent.
    Now I enjoy blogging. Do reflect over my past. I also told my daughter" Look I might have hurt you when you did something wrong. That was just to correct you. Iam sorry. Don't carry any ill feeling.

She replied but for that action of yours I would no have been what iam today. Her reply and my apology has made me very peaceful. This is the beauty of the 60. kanaka

5. Sriniketan

Kanaka,
    you are 100% correct...responsibilities, to make ends meet, answering to both the 20s and the 60s or 70s or even 80s, harmonal imbalance, affect both the genders...at 4os..

At 60s, responsibilities over...but you get new roles to play..which can be managed through our experience over the years...health permitted...

Nice of your daughter to say so..lucky for those who understand...

health is wealth, (physical or mental) at any age and we should take that into account to have a peaceful ( to some extent ) life....plan it and atleast we can achieve what is in the middle...right?

sriniketan

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi sriniketan,

good one...yes entering forties i really got the courage to tell and do many things i would not have said and done earlier......tho people generally comment that i do not look my age.. i have concluded that one ages in someway or the other..visibly i may not look my age but have a few grey strands that get treated with henna, a slow pain in joints,becoming absent minded,next stage i will be repeating things i think...hoping that is not until i turn 60

mindi

7. Sriniketan

Mindi,

Almost all go through this stage, sure we are wise when we enter 40 which will continue till 60 and after., if we make use of them in a proper way..

Physical appearence, symptoms are there, which is anyway natural....isn't it!

sriniketan

8. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Sriniketan,

I could not resist replying to this thread...anymore..:). even though I have many years ahead of me before I reach 40.....it is really interesting and informative about what all the other IL'ites undergo or feel at this age.

Absolutely, I can't even think that far ahead...but hope I have more mental strength, courage and maturity to deal with different situations.

A simple but thought provoking thread !!

Cheers
    Krithika (Jithiks)

9. Sriniketan

Hi friends,
    I thought of sharing this news here as we were discussing about what happens at 40 and 60 years of age....

By Ian Kerner, Ph.D.
    Sex therapist and relationship counselor
    TODAYShow.com contributor
    updated 9:12 a.m. ET, Fri., April. 25, 2008<SCRIPT language=javascript> function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) { var n = document.getElementById("udtD"); if(pdt != '' && n && window.DateTime) { var dt = new DateTime(); pdt = dt.T2D(pdt); if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,((''.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true));} } } UpdateTimeStamp('633447259474900000');</SCRIPT>

<TABLE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left border=0><SCRIPT>getCSS("4624708")</SCRIPT><LINK href="/default.ashx/id/4624708/" type=text/css rel=stylesheet><SCRIPT></SCRIPT><TABLE class=boxH_4624708 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=102><TD class=boxHI_4624708 width="1%">[​IMG]<TD class=boxHC_4624708 noWrap width=*>
    <TABLE class=boxB_4624708 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=102><TR vAlign=top>[​IMG]<TR vAlign=top><TD class=boxBI_4624708>Ian Kerner, Ph.D
    <TABLE class=boxF_4624708 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=102><TD class=boxFI_4624708>

Is there really such a thing as "male menopause"? Conventional wisdom says that menopause is a "woman's condition," but as men advance into their 40s they also experience a progressive decline in hormone levels, namely testosterone. The result can be andropause, which is estimated to affect about 5 million American men.
    The hormonal decline that men experience isn't nearly as abrupt as it is in women — it's more like walking down a hill than jumping off a cliff. However, waning testosterone is likely to make a guy moody, irritable and depressed.
    (Upon hearing this list of symptoms, one woman joked of her husband, "Is it possible he's had menopause since he was 20?") A decrease in available testosterone also increases a man’s risk for heart disease, and makes him more prone to injury because of decreasing bone density.

sriniketan

10. Sriniketan

Krithika,
    Thanks for your reply....

It is this maturity we should develop irrespective of our age...eventhough sometimes it crops into our mind, how, what and what not...

sriniketan