1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What happens at 40 and 60 years of age?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sriniketan,

Was enjoying the fb's very much. since not in both the brackets..but observing them...I feel, it was a proverb that was great in older age..when by 40 they used to grandparents but again a new spark of life bounces back...,by 60 they lose sleep, and tend to talk to themselves, walk around, even work in the middle of the night (ghosts???). And it is not for men alone...

Today life starts at almost forty for lot of men.

So how you want to lead at 40/ 60 is upto us. and I hope that I don't get labelled, intha kezham romba paduthurathu.....

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hey srini,
    naan nayum illey peyum illey so what is ur definition for me yaar ..sunkan

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri

Hope I can call u like that. You have rightly said that it is in our hands to make life.
    Whether u are 40 or 60 if your heart is always young u can go threw all the difficulties and be successful in life. After 60 a woman can live alone and perform allher duties but for a man it is difficult. After the age of 60 only both husband and wife require each other. For a man if his wife dies he becomes very lonely. All are not lucky to have a good son or daughter in law to look after him. But a woman can adjust. Hope you will agree with me. In present days some people become old at the age of 30 only becos of the life now.

with love and blessings

viji

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Punitha,
    Rightly said.
    time and tide wait for no man.
    Pray that we are mentally and physically healthy to cope up with those changes in life.

take care and don't get discouraged. Many have those problems but not speak out.
    You are one courageous young lady!

sriniketan

5. Sriniketan

It is true Shanthi that today's life starts at 40 and they do claim as 'naayaattam velai seyya vendiirukku'.
    Imagine how those will be around 60!

I second your opinion on the point that this belongs to both as in the 40s Rantand in the 60s ( eventhough not yet ) might be :spin between the children's houses either to help or... which can be labelled as 'peyattam oda vendirukku'.

sriniketan

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  6. Sriniketan

HI Sunkan,
    Maybe 'rendungattan'...:hide

sriniketan

7. Sriniketan

Dear Viji,
    No problem,,call me like that!

Your post reminded me of a story I heard long time back.

They were 4 men in a park enjoying their time talking.
    One was telling everybody that he doesn't smoke and that is the secret for him being healthy at 60 and so one by one were listing the bad habits they don;t have and that being their secret for being healthy at 70 and 80s.
    But the last person spoke to them that he drinks, smokes and have all the bad habits.
    He seems to be older than them.
    When they asked what is his age--he replied 30!

How is that!

sriniketan

8. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Interesting topic Sri...40 n 60.

I think we will age the way we want to...i know the hardships of life can take its own toll...but with the right attitude and a positive outlook towards life can slow the aging process.

We come across people who look 50 at 30 and another who looks much younger than his 80. A principled life vs one that the youngsters of today lead shows sooner or later.

Our parents have aged so gracefully...i wonder whether we will be able to do so.

Roopa.

9. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Nice post, Big Laughwe can sit back and relax, enjoying such posts ...around 60s ,I mean....,having fun at the younger generation's posts....:yes::iagree at the similar age groups', ...(Oh! now you almost know mine?...):hide:, :rotfl, at the end of it all.

10. Sriniketan

I agree with you, roopa.

Everything is in our mind and how we see things...

sriniketan