1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What happens at 40 and 60 years of age?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Ma'm only that 20year old is correct below the first name.............But the for next two????shakehead:biggrin2:

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Punitha, we need some 'crispy' talk during winter, right!

HI Meena,
    I wanted to write in the ascending order of the numbers, that's the reason for this 'kuzharuppaddi'.
    To your satisfaction, we can change the name order or the number order, ok na!

sriniketan

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sriniketan,
    How about the names stays as it is and change only the age....:thumbsup

~Punitha

4. Sriniketan

To our satisfaction, let us do that, Punitha!

sriniketan

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi,
    My point of view based on my experience:
    I am frank, but, please understand, not to scare you !
    At 40, I had to start bifocals with symptoms of menopause showing its ugly head. Daughter was reaching marriageable age & son was ready to leave the house., for higher studies. It was a psychologically tough period, to go through all these simultaneously, with anxiety writ all over.The scare that the birds will leave the nest was very much there. So I started to learn to keep myself engaged & happy, without
    depending on the chidren all the more because V is a loner, by nature.
    40-50 was a hectic, tiring period.Gradually, I learnt to unwind with all that was happening around me & inspite of them.
    By 60, I was totally relaxed. Grandchildren had arrived & I learnt to dissociate myself from my children's lives. It was back to "two of us", the way, we had started life. I joined vedanta classes; learnt computers. V never stood in my way because he knew that I must also let myself go, at this age.With both of us growing old, I just want to spend the rest of my life, in nothing but goodwill for others. As you all know, like Cheeniya, I too started blogging at 60+ !
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Great said Punitha
    Let the names stay and change the ages:cheers:2thumbsup:
    Anyway she is our grandmother.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

At 40 I also started wearing glasses to read before i used to wear glasses for far sight. I stopped that and used to wear glasses only to read. Now also I do that. At 48 I had hip bone fracture, that must be the sign of menopause I think during pregnancy I must not have taken proper care. Since I had late marriage my elder daughter had just gonet X Std that time. Since I had three children with a gap of one yr nine mths I could not take care of myself during pregnancy.

When I was 58 she got married and by 63 my other daughter and son also got married. So only two of us started our life like before. Now both of us are enjoying our retired life, going to temples, marriages etc.

8. Sriniketan

dear Mrs.Chith,
    Glad that you had penned down your opinion based on your experience.
    I think it is the same for the age-group of 40-50 years.
    but after that ....you are doing a good job:clap.
    By your experience I came to know some ways I can keep myself engaged, and learn to live like 'detachment from attachment'.
    thanks a lot.

sriniketan

9. Sriniketan

HI viji,
    Thanks for stepping into this thread and giving your experiences at the age of 40 and 60.
    I am yet to go for the 'glasses' which is of due lately.

From all of yours and other ilites' experiences what I came to know is that 'it is in our hands to make/mar the life, we want, ofcourse, other things play vital roles in our life.

sriniketan

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  10. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Srini,
    Its true that we all have to pass that age with lot of mental and physical support.
    We being women has to undergo menopause, for some people menopause wont create much problem, so some people lot of physical changes. I agree with CHITRA maam. Many women will start to fear about their womenly nature at this time.
    I have seen how my mom used to behave at this time and my dad used to complain all the time about her mood swings.
    By gods grace we have to overcome this period.
    Part from this, we are aging. I already have knee problems, disc hernia and PMS.
    It really scares me how I am going to deal this time. As I have two sons, I can't expect them to help me out physically and mentally. Sometime I just keep praying god to keep me in good health and physical condition until my kids completes their study.

And it will also be age for kids to settle down in life, that also fears.
    But nothing is going to change, it all depends on us how we take it.
    If we keep worring about everything, we will look 60yrs by 40yrs itself.
    Just take it cooly and have faith in god.

~Punitha