1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Goes Around Comes Around

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 19, 2019.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

What have you been writing of late asks a friend, when she calls me after a long time. "Nothing" I reply sadly. Topics have been eluding me the way Jerry eludes Tom. Basically nothing exciting has been happening in my life and what has been happening does not bear talking about. :(

Ask and thou shalt be granted. During one of the long conversations with my friend to clear my head or rather the mess inside it, I just flip to IL and come across a good soul who has bumped up an ancient thread of mine. Talk of synchronicity, the title of the thread has to do with the topic of conversation. I read excitedly to find out what it is about ..... only to see that I have written it long ago. Then another one is bumped up. I don't recognize the title but am in splits reading it, remembering the incident. This morning I find yet another one. I can barely recognize the contents. :confused: It makes me sadder to think I can't think up anything these days. :disappointed: Just last night I thought the BH does not give me too much grist these days for the mill. And then it happens!

I wake up to the sound of the BH coughing. I am worried. I have been telling him to go and get checked up. He promises but as usual it seems to be a 5 year plan. I ask him if he has taken an appointment. Then he turns around and says he never coughed and keeps saying 'You are hallucinating'. Typical behaviour. :mad: He just wants to annoy me. So I go to talk to my soul mate - my lappie. :weary: I don't know if his conscience gets the upper hand. He probably knows he is lying and being nasty to me on top of that. He asks me about coffee. o_O I don't reply. Soon enough he brings a huge mug overflowing with coffee for me. I inform him that I need only half and I need more decoction in it. Just then my Lady Anatole comes in, reduces the coffee to desired amount and hands it over to me. I take a stuff. All the sleep vaporizes. The good doc has just taken steps to ensure that his colleagues get some raise in income ..... which one, the gastroenterologist or the cardiologist??? He has added a spoonful of salt instead of sugar. :facepalm: "Yuck. This has salt in it" I exclaim. Lady Anatole comes running and amusement is writ large on her face. The BH goes to the kitchen to examine what he has done. As is his wont he has been operating without his glasses. :BangHead: So I get a fresh cuppa and the coffee has been thrown out. 'I thought I added sugar' the BH defends himself. "Hallucinating", I reply. :shakehead: The morning has not only given me a topic to write about, but also a chance to get my own back. :partyhat:

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Ha ha Satchi! So it is hallucinations that is doing the rounds in your household eh? I do have to tell you that I always thought it took forever - for what goes around to come around. But in your case it was a pretty quick turn around!! Consider yourself lucky! Now that you have 'got your own back' like you have said, hold on to it - quite literally I mean ;-)

Well, I hope your BH, the good doc takes care of himself and you missy, take care of yourself!

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  3. satchitananda

Hey Sabitha, so good to see your response. :hearteyes: Was beginning to wonder whether this snippet was going to be lost in the annals of IL. :worried:

Yes, what went around came around pretty quick! This is the age of instant karma, isn't it? :roflmao:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    What we give comes back.... but as Sabita said I too thought that coming back is a long process. But not this fast. Era of fast food.. this is super fast!! !
    Syamala

5. satchitananda

Syamala, in my experience it comes back fast enough. There was an occasion when I was doing my teachers' training in Pune. The 'hostel' was an old mansion by the river side. Once while coming out at night, I fell down on the road which was covered with sharp pebbles. One of my colleagues said 'How come S always has something happening to her?' That was adding insult to a fairly bad injury (my entire shin was badly swollen, bruised and hurting). Next day she sprained her ankle. The same colleague said on another occasion "You are always complaining about something" when I had a bad attack of migraine. We were in GErmany at that time. Next day she came with a severe pain in her neck and I had to massage it for her. "You cursed me" she said. "Only those who wear the shoes know where it bites" I had said the previous day to her! She vowed never to say anything to me again!!!

After a few such episodes, I am extremely careful what I say! :p Who knows!!!

My mom used to say Kali Yuga was a time of instant karma!

GeetaKashyap, Thyagarajan and Giri12 like this.
  6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Oh dear Satchi,

You made me think that you are superpower indeed. I may ask you to wish me some good things that have to be achieved by me this year.

On a serious note, please do take care of your self and your BH.
    Lots of love,
    Vani

7. satchitananda

Hehehe Vani! Thanks a lot. :)

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

You got me in splits this morning as I had a bad Friday. So, you are hallucinating that the doc is coughing and the doc is hallucinating that salt is sugar. Who knows the doc might not have coughed and in order to bring you out of hallucination, he would have tested a medication (sodium-chloride) to bring you out of it. If I had given a cup of coffee with salt in it, my wife would have talked about every member of her in-laws family with a lot of love and affection in order to scold me. You are patience-(not patient) personified.

9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha Satchi so is it the Hallucination that goes around comes around... oh my I wonder how you sipped salted coffee :eek: ... for me it would be a biggest nightmare :yikes:

what goes around comes around - Recently I read somewhere that Instead of interpreting this as a punishment this can be taken as a lesson. Isn’t that life is all about? Learning and growing with all that comes around...

10. satchitananda

I don't know what the purpose of the salt in the coffee was, but for sure, it was my chance of the day! :p Patience! Sure, truckloads of it. But then that is mutual, I have to admit if I want to be honest. 22 years to the day this day of tolerance and patience on both sides . We have survived thus far. Fights, royal ignores, some sense of humour and concern, those are the name of the game.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.