1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What dress do you wear at home ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Aniyaa, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Oh yeah.. Coral.. nighties make you look like a barrel .. boy !! dont they!!

but these days you get some really good ones ( depends on the price you are willing to pay) which dont look bad at all. I mean they have a good fit and look decent ..

but surprisingly in Chennai i find women walk out of their homes to buy veggies or cross over to the next building etc .. in their nighties .. with a dupatta or a towel thrown to cover their bosom !!!

my choice is either a t shirt worn over tracks or loose cottons salwars...

Sarees ofcourse .. if I am having visitors at home. ..

Cheers

Bhooma

2. janaki25

janaki25 Senior IL'ite

I mostly wear pyjamas and a t shirt at home.But I do love wearing maxis also cause they are so comfortable.But since I had a kid(8 months back) I have switched over completely to pyjamas and my old capris and t shirts as I can move around more freely with that.

3. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Good thread!

Seeing others replies. I think Pajamas & Tee and Salwar suits are runner ups.
    I am in neither club. I wear mostly skirts, Wrap - arounds and shorts at home. I think it depends on one's convenience quotient. For me Track and Tee comes for workouts. Salwar suits If we are goign to Visit some Indian family.

Nighties/Maxi - I dont buy many of it, I just have two, which I havent worn yet. I find it little eloborate night wear.
    Saree is for some elaborate functions.

Ria

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  4. Jessica.sharon

Jessica.sharon Silver IL'ite

Short skirts and top make my day at home. Cotton skirts are real cool in this summer with cool cotton tops. They r easy to put on, airy and cool i feel that this attire can really prevent prickly heat in the summer, regards, Jessi

5. leka_praju

leka_praju New IL'ite

Now a days i Like to wear 3/4 or full track pant. I wear this only at night. It reduce the heat in body. But it is not comfetable for all days. I think cotten saree is good for health and give good imperssion to others.

6. Jessica.sharon

Jessica.sharon Silver IL'ite

Hi today i wore a lovely pink and cream mixed saree to work with matching blouse with cream borders. It was a bit uncomfy traveling by bike to work and sweaty as well but i got a lot of appreciation from my colleagues. Mom was the greatest appreciator today as pink her her favorite color as well. Back home i am wearing a blue camisole with a built in underwire bra and a short pants as i am planning to do some terrace gardening today, regards, Jessi

7. jaykay

jaykay Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    I prefer wearing track pants with T shirt at home as if is very comfy and I dont have to change when I do Yoga or when someone rings the doorbell.

Sometimes I wear nighties too...........one gets very lovely designs and varieties in India now. I bought a few from Rajathi's in chennai and they are so elegant like a long gown!! My english neighbour too commented on it once.

Back in India it is only salwar kameez as it is the best for the climate there. Btw I too hate to see ladies come out on the roads in their nighties with a towel over themRant. I feel it is so unbecoming.

I wear jeans with Kurtis when I go out.

Can someone suggest good places to get nice kurtis in Chennai and Coimbatore as I will be going to India this summer. Thanks.

Regards
    Jayanthi

8. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

I feel comfortable in Capri and tank tops..
    While going out for a walk I prefer Salwar Kurta
    As far as my experience goes Fab India is the best place to buy Kurtas ,duppattas and other household stuff...They always have bright colors which looks really good and best part is the colors dont fade afetr several washes.

Bipasha

9. Sushmavarala

Sushmavarala Senior IL'ite

Generally it would be a nightie, other wise cotton chudidhar and on special occasions and leisure times, it would saree. However nightie and chudidhar are the most comfortable ones

10. madhuriss

madhuriss New IL'ite

I wear nightie during day time, its comfortable, but i feel little bit awkward in it if any visitor comes home suddenly.
    after reading the replies, i think that i should change my dress code for the simple yet decent look.
    i think that track pant with top and salwar comiz will best suit me.
    really nice thread,