1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What dress do you wear at home ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Aniyaa, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Jeans and shirts make my day. If its particularly hot then looonnng Polo Tshirts, since I dont go to buy groceries etc. Comfy is the rule!

Love,
    Devika

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Well said Krithika.. whatever happens inside 4 walls is completely ours...One can even walk naked Big LaughBig Laugh.. but I suggest before doing that check if all windows and doors are closed :mrgreen: When I was in boston couple of years back.. there used to be a couple .. its a town home and so near.. have seen many a times those 2 walking up and down naked..... it was a :boo::boo:for me... Anyways.. the point is... got to maintain something for the sake of the sanity of the society me thinks....

3. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hey Nandhu...that is really Big Laugh. I can't believe how these people are totally oblivious to their surroundings..:idontgetit:.

Cheers
    Krithika ( Jithiks)

4. vidhya parani

vidhya parani Senior IL'ite

hi,
    i used to wear cotton salwars for daytime and nighties at night in india...now track pants and sweat shirts for winter and cotton capris /bermudas with short sleeve tshirts for summer...i cant go to sleep without cotton nighties at night..they are so comfy to sleep in......but we dont get that sort of nighties here for such good price as in chennai!

5. bhagirathi

bhagirathi New IL'ite

I live by myself, so I wear skirts or shorts with a t-shirt. But a full-length tracks always hangs in the bathroom. As soon as I hear the doorbell, I change into tracks :mrgreen:
    While in India though, always wore salwar kameez at home.

6. rajesiva

rajesiva New IL'ite

Oops!!! So many variety to wear at home :) I love to wear cotton salwar at home.. u can welcome guest at home nicely plus.. it looks good. But my husband loves it when i wear shorts and tees...not whn my in-laws r thr. But I also wear nighties/maxies/housecoats too. But I dont think they look bad.. cuz I bought these cotton ones which are front-open..they have buttons all the way from top to bottom..have a belt to tie in the back (like in frocks).. and a pocket too. I think it looks really cool.

7. Preethi Patnaik

Preethi Patnaik New IL'ite

What a lovely topic and that its still generates replies goes to show just how universal it really is.
    I think what we wear usually reflects how we feel at the time or day. If you feel lazy then you continue to be in your night dress. If you feel ready to be on the go then you get into something more engergetic .If you feel very feminine you get into a salwar saree i guess.
    The topic got me thinking and i think what i wear has changed over the years.

Now i do the school bus drop so its into morning wear and out of night clothes :).Then its yoga class so its something appropriate. But generally i feel my best when i am out of my night dress first thing in the morning after a shower.

What i wear at home? well mostly the older nicer cotton salwars/ jeans tshirts/ kurtis that i can no longer wear as casual outside clothes get shifted to homewear. So i have an entire range to pick from depending on my mood.

But i think we girls are really missing out on what the girls in our grandmothers time had "sringar time" where they did take time to take care of themselves and freshen up every evening with flowers in their hair etc, Today we have no time to pamer ourselves as i guess we live a faster pace in life - don;t you agree.
    my two penny's worth :)
    preethi

8. aproop

aproop Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

This thread has evoked so many responses......

I enjoyed reading them......

i prefer wearing salwars at home, though I do wear maxis/nighties too and am comfortable in them.

cheers,
    anu

9. tru1

tru1 Senior IL'ite

I love wearing tracks and a hoodie sweatshirt at home because I run around a LOT with 2 boys...but when I go out, I adore 'long' Capris and tunics, jeans and the indian cotton tops....they are so comfortable.
    As for nighties......they are reserved for the night times. No question about it!

10. sunshine20

sunshine20 New IL'ite

I will go with short tracks with tshirts, they are very comfortable. If you are comfortable with sleeveless tops then go for tanktops, camis esp in summer.