1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What dress do you wear at home ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Aniyaa, Jun 15, 2007.

1. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

I usually like to wear skirts, jeans and a t-shirt and shorts. If I have company
    I wear a shalwar or a saree. I like sarees too.

2. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

hi,

good thread.I always used to wear churidars when i went out and nighties at home.Not much into pants,jeans etc.So even before i came to usa,everybody suggested me to take as many nighties as i can .So i got lot of them.Iam and was alway comfortable with nighties at home.Now wearing active wearpants with tshirts coz my 2.5yr son always wants to play out.

Can anyone suggest dresscodes for different occasions?i meant to ask,which type of dress to wear for which occasion.hear when u go out for shopping,there are Casual wear,partywear,career wear etc.I cant spend on all different things.But just want to buy pants and shirts which can be worn all the time and at all occasions?

cheers,
    vaishu

2 people like this.
  3. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Try using Pyjamas or capris and a 'V' necked T-shirt for home wear. They'd b very comfortable and try getting your front hair cut to your face lenght like a long fringe. You won't feel so old.

Trousers and Capri's are quite common in US, why don't u try one in a fitting room, if you like it, pick it up.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  4. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Vaishu,

You can try Cord's or Cotton trousers in Beige or black. Try them in the fitting rooms for a comf fit for sure before u buy.

5. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

HI,

Thanq lalitha for the suggestion.I would definetly try them.

I have been shopping at places like "Target,Walmart,Macys" for tops and jeans.At walmart,jeans and all are ok,but the quality of the tops is not much.And at target and Macys,they are ok but pricy.Finally when i went to Kohls yday,i found good qaulity and good patterns of tops for cheaper and reasonable prices.I even bought good t-Shirts for 6$.

Can anyone suggest me best places where i can buy good qaulity,different patterned tops and trousers at reasonable prices.????????

Cheers,
    vaishu

6. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Vaishu,

You can try shopping at Burlington Coat Factory if there is one at Portland. Their price is ok and the quality is also. Try the July 4th Sale at Macy's or JC Penny, should help. Enjoy your shopping.

3 people like this.
  7. tulip

tulip New IL'ite

Hi ,
    I like to wear shorsts and t Tshirts.Its very cofertable for me while doing house work.I don't like to wear nighty in day time.I alwaysa weart in the night.
    Tulip

8. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

"night"ies... Thats the reason its designed in a way that you can sleep comfortably in them. Please dont wear them at day :hide::hide::hide: ever.. its horrible and a tragedy.

You can wear some nice cotton tops and pants, t-shirts and pants or chudidhars. You will look elegant in that. And I guess thats how a woman should be.

I hate seeing women wearing nighties and having a towel above them and walking up and down the road to buy vegetables in India. Even here, to drop kids in the school busstop, they show up like that.. I then get the urge to go to them and give them few bucks to go and buy some proper dress to wear WitsendWitsend come on people, this is 21st century and you got to be atleast in par to something..

dont you think :)

9. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi IL,

I absolutely agree with Nandhu. Nighties are meant to be worn at night to be comfortble.

At home, I wear salwar kameez (whatever the season might be-since we have the central heating/cooling). That is the most comfortable and decent dress. Somehow that appeals when we are alone or have sudden company!

Surely, I will not like to open doors to someone in a NIGHTY!! That is totally embarassing!

Initially, I used to wear the capris with t shirt (cotton)...but somehow...i started feeling awkward ...so I switched to salwar kameez. CAPRIS are a big nooo nooo....inside or outside.... i will elaborate on that in later posts!!

Also I feel really sorry for some Indians ladies who try sooo hard to be americanised that they go to the extent of wearing shorts at home and outside...that it looks really pathetic and forced!!

Even though when we go for shopping, schools and parties, I do wear jeans,tops,skirts and formal clothes...again to dress for the occassion or the place and be comfortable.

My thoughts will continue......

Gotto go now..

bye
    Jithiks(Krithika)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  10. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

I love to wear Pjs and tank tops at home, and find it really very comfortable. But in summer, I love cotton wears, cotton capris around knee length and sleevless cotton shirts...they are really comfortable wear.....
    I don't like to wear too heavy dresses at home as I feel drowned by the weight...
    or else, the best thing is to wear short kurti and long pants (cotton) with a stole for a very decent look.
    Regards.