1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What dress do you wear at home ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Aniyaa, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Aniyaa

Aniyaa New IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    Thanks a lot for ur suggestions.. I now got a wide range of home dresses , to pick-and-choose..
    :wink:
    Thanks,

2. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

dear aniyaa

i feel very comfortable in my tracks and t shirt...very comfy and decent too.....once in a while i do wear salwars..

sarees are only a rarity..but ofcoz do wear them once in a while so tht i use up tht are lying in my cupboard..like most of them my vote wud be for tracks only..i feel wearing nighties makes us feel much more older:mrgreen:

lov
    sowmi

1 person likes this.
  3. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

I personally feel the nightie looks very run down & shabby, though comfortable. I've never felt comfortable wearing it during the day. The word itself has night in it, implying the use of it in the night.

During the day, I prefer pajamas & tees at home & if it's summer capris, once i a while i also wear salwar kameez. In India i used to wear salwar suits which was not only comfortable but elegant too, in case some unexpected visitors dropped in!!

Cheers!
    Ragini.

1 person likes this.
  4. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

hi gals,
    just now i came thru this forum. i think i can get some gud ideas fm our ILites.
    in india, i used 2 wear only nighties. though i feel it gives an older luk, i was used to that. but here, i hav got some nighties with me, but still i want 2 try my hands on something else. since i am a little bit fat, i dono vat 2 choose for my daily wear as well as outfit.i wear churidhars ven i go out here in US, but it makes me luk odd over here. any suggestions pls?
    Priya

5. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    nice to see this forum.
    in india i used 2 wear only nighties. though it makes me luk older, i was used 2 that. here too i hav nihties with me but i want 2 hav a try on something else. since i am a little fat with hips and tummy after my c-section, i am afraid vat suits me. also i wear churidhars ven v go out, whch makes me luk odd here in US. any suggestions pls?
    Priya

6. pria

pria New IL'ite

Hi Ragini,
    I totally agree with you with regard to nighties and personally i have never worn one till date as it gives a more lazy look .
    I wear skirts, shorts, salwars and capris at home.

Pria

7. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi all,
    even i feel that nighty makes u look a bit older...
    tracks and t-shirt are best wen ur at home...they are presentable as well as easy to work with and also skirts....
    salwars once in a while here....
    saris for functions!!!!
    priya,i see that ur in the usa so u can try ur sizes first. long tops and jeans are in fashion now....just go n have a look in the shops and u will get an idea as to what suits u best!!!
    luv
    pavithra

1 person likes this.
  8. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

hi pavithra,
    thanx for ur suggestion. i'm going 2 lay my hands on some tracks this weekend. i think i'm going 2 get one that relly fits me. and u know i feel that i am slim when compared 2 most americans here. if they cud get one then y can't i? is that right
    Priya

9. manjuch

manjuch New IL'ite

It actually depends from person to person. I like to wear sarees very much but they are not that comfortable wearing day long. Salwar are the most comfortable for me and decent looking. cotton salwar is choice # 1 at home and once or twice a week wear light sarees. Pyjamas or track pants during night. But what ever you wear, comfort comes first. Thanks.

10. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi priya,
    true that in us and the uk u neednt worry abt sizes, u get from the smallest to the largest possible ones....try them and do share how it looked on u....
    luv
    pavi