1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What dress do you wear at home ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Aniyaa, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Aniyaa

Aniyaa New IL'ite

Hi ,
    I need some ideas abt the outfits to wear at home :) .
    I usually wear maxis at home.. they look horrible , but they are very comfortable .
    I want to wear something more decent at home .
    Pls let me know what dress u wear at home.. :)

Thanks
    Aniya

1 person likes this.

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Salwars or Churidars in cotton are very good to wear at home and very decent looking too. Infact my both my father and husband detest wearing nighties or maxies at home just for one simple reason that if someone comes home suddenly you will feel embarrassed. So I wear nighties or maxies only at night and as I take bath early morning I wear salwars all day long. And on special days I wear sarees too.

But salwars are much more comfortable to wear and good to look.

3 people like this.
  3. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Yes, cotton salwar/ chudidar kurta are one of the best options. You can also try full length track pant with a nice t-shirt (long or short depending on your comfortability level). I usually opt for the 2nd option but if my ILs or any guests are at home then I go for the 1st option :wink:

4. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi
    i also wear maxi at home and they don't look horrible. i am wearing one from india. it looks like a long dress. i think i am going to buy a lot of them when i will be in there.

when i receive guest i wear shulidar and if the guest are older than me ....wear saris.

outside i wear jeans with top.

bye

5. ilagandhi

ilagandhi New IL'ite

there are also lovely cotton Tshirts/Long shirts and matching pants that are elegant and are very comfortable to wear at home.

They provide a balance for both worlds.

3 people like this.
  6. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi everybody

I wear pajamas and t-shirts at home... and they are the most comfortable thing to wear at home... wearing choodidars is i think uncomfortable... so if somebody's come to our home i wear suits but i personally prefer Salwars over choodidars... so i wear salwar kameez...

~Abha

7. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Well,I wear whatever I can lay my hands on:mrgreen:

I used to wear only nighties earlier...my hubby hates that..he feels it is not presentable when anyone lands suddenly at home.To add to it,my nighties were usually atleast 1/2 feet above the ground:icon_frown: That used to irritate him further..but that was the most comfortable outfit and so I used to wear it!

Nowadays,I wear track pants/skirt and t-shirts or churidhars...well,I have to wear and tear them all that I collected during the 10 yrs that I worked in India,isn't it?:mrgreen:

8. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi,

now a days we get nighties in different styles some don't look like nighties u can wear at day time. if u don't want to wear nighties then now market is full of long cotton skirts with nice flower pattern which u can wear with loose cotton top decently stitched it looks good if u choose nice pattern it gives saree look, this is what i prefer instead of nighties, salwar kameez is also a good option i feel comfortable both these dresses.

bye
    padma

9. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Dear Aniyaa,

My favourites:

Track suits with kurti tops or jeans with Kurti tops

Best would be cotton churidars-Comfy & respectable enuf if you have to run down for some last minute purchases

No nighties pls-they make you look like a barrell

See how you go & let me know

Cheers,

Corallux

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Oops! I think I came to the wrong place. I cannot comment on this post because I always wear sarees at home and also when i go outside. as I am not used to wear anyother thing other than the saree I don't have a problem to wear it all day long.
    I hope you got advice from other ladies which you can follow.

Sriniketan