What do you think of banking with ICICI?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by yamusarna, Apr 3, 2008.

1. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

My husband has been banking with ICICI for about 5 years now. But very recently we felt through our experince, that they are fraudulent and that their process is so cumbersome.

In our case ,we took a home loan insurance from ICICI Pru.It never got processed due to all kind of misinformation from their end.We asked them to refund the premium amount of Rs 28000, but they are simply tossing it from ICICI pru to ICICI Home finance, inspite of us giving them explicit and detailed information as to how to refund it.It has been lying with them for about 8 months and the call centre people donot know what we need to do to get it back.

They just don´t own up the responsibility for any of their mistakes.

Tell everyone what your experience has been with ICICI, so that others donot suffer.

Thanks and regards,
    Yamuna.

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: What do you think of ICICI

Hi Yamuna,
    We too have very bad experince with ICICI.
    We also lost some Rs.25000.00 couple of years back.
    I hate their procedures and they are not customer friendly.
    I always end up with an arguments with the managers/customer service peoples ...
    Totally I will give 0 points to that bank.

Regards.

3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Interesting...

Yamuna, how can that be.. I mean they cant just keep your buck just like that without any reason. Next time be harsh and tell them you are going to take legal action if proper reasoning is not going to be given..RantRantRantRant

4. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Dear all,

Recently there has been a hot news in one of the tamil magazine about the ICICI. One person went to withdraw 13000 thru ATM but the money he got was only 3k. As the hotline wasnt working he complained to the Bank the next day. But the Bank people said that this guy was bluffing and said that the record was showing that he has withdrawn the whole amount. This guy had to call the reporters and file a case on the bank.

One more incident is that an NRI had around 14 lakhs in the Bank and he has informed the bank that he didnt want an ATM card while opening the a/c itself. After a few months he was shocked to c that his bank balance was empty without a penny in it:shock:. When asked, the bank people are saying that he has withdrawn the whole amount with his ATM card. How could that be possible?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  5. Brammi

Brammi New IL'ite

hi friends,

Even i also had very bad experience while opening my nre a/c with icici bank. The peopele working theri are not customer friendly, and their attitude is also like we dont care whether you open account in our bank or not. Long time back i have seen in dramas (around 10years back) that if a person wins lottery money all the bank managers will be standing in queue to open account in their bank. But now the time has changed we are going with lakhs to open an account but they are dragging us and to come next day... like that. Since they are having atm's everywhere and other facilities like branches all across the country etc. i went to open an account but end up in bitter experience.

brammi

6. pammor

pammor Senior IL'ite

I am having hell a lot of problems with the bank.It is very bad indeed...I am closing the account soon.

7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Looks like everyone here has had bad experiences with ICICI. I have been banking with them for 7 years now and so far - touchwood - havent had any problems. SBI on the other hand has caused me plenty of hassle....

Vanathi.

8. nokia6681

nokia6681 New IL'ite

bonk i just now got my icici account...wat to do Drowning

9. vkdjk

vkdjk New IL'ite

I had a nasty experience with this bank. We sent a cheque for 50 K(account in another bank)to be deposited to my sister's ICICI a/c. The amount wasn't credited to her a/c...but sent from another bank. We are now chasing with the ICICI officials to track where the 50K went. Banking with ICICI is a headache

10. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

hmmm....Aadhusmom..sorry yaar..I had SBI credit card and account for almost 8 years and I never had a problem ...however on the other hand I had closed my ICICI bank creditcard with in 3 months as they tend to keep on putting someor the other fine or fees no matter even if our payments are on time...

I think finally all this banking is our luck...we never know when we fall into soup...as I have some friends who have good banking exp with ICICI...