1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Do You Think Ladies?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by SGBV, May 18, 2022.

1. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Hey SGBV,
    No worries and no need to apologize. This is an anon internet forum and we cant always expect all answers to be favorable or even relevant.
    Yeah I just highlighted the above phrases because I feel like your reaction earlier may have something to do with the surgery you just underwent. A full hysterectomy means you have entered full menopause. As someone in the perimenopause zone for last couple years, let me tell you it hasn't been a cakewalk so far. And I'm undergoing a gradual tapering off as opposed to a sudden full stop like you. That bloody estrogen or its lack can really do a number on us mentally. Mood swings is a very mild term. Extreme irritability, feeling useless and therefore depression, weight gain, feeling inadequate, so many other mental and psychological symptoms are there in addition to the physical ones. In addition I want to caution you that many people discover new problems with the softer organs like thyroid and pancreas while transitioning into the menopause phase. So short answer is not just the physical recovery, keep an eagle eye on your health, and be very vigilant as to diet and exercise for the next couple of years till your body transitions fully into this next phase of life. I kind of feel bad - you are so young to be undergoing this - just 40 years old if I'm not mistaken. Good luck dear and hope you recover fully.

hridhaya likes this.