1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

what do you think is right age for havng a baby

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by pashni, Apr 22, 2010.

what do you think is the right age for having a baby

1. 20-23

2.4%
  2. 24_27

76.2%
  3. 28_30

20.2%
  4. above 30

1.2%
  1. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

Now a days girls postpone marriage so that they can settle in their carrier.So most marry around 25yrs of age.And again they say they want to enjoy marriage and postpone child birth for another 2yrs.By the time they want a child they will be around 27.Not all trials end positively.So do u feel it is wise to postpone pregnancy as doctors advice getiing pregnant after 30 is not a good idea.

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Pashini

I feel the ideal age to conceive should be between 23-27 .But whatever be the age,the girl's health condition should be gud to carry herself and her baby throughout her pregnancy

I feel health is the main issue nowadays...

Girls must maintain their health in gud condition not just during their pregnancy period but also before that or i would say at all times by eating gud nutrious food.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  3. TalktoPallu

TalktoPallu New IL'ite

i agree with pashni..

i too think the same way she thinks..
    mrg after career, and they hv a gud mrd life and then babies.
    also make sure, it wil not go beyond 30ies..

4. Mathu

Mathu Senior IL'ite

In the best interest of the mom and the child I really think 24-27 is the right age.Because our body will be int best of health in this mid twenties.That will help to nurture a healthy baby in our womb.Also for working moms they needn't have to give up too much in their career since they wud have worked for only a few years by this age....
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Increasing environmental issues are causing changes in human body in ways we cant see and feel, thus you find incresing number of mis-carraiges and problems in coception in men/women alike today. When women earlier could have heathy children at 40 years of age, now - it is dangerous (unlike Hollywood mothers with expert medicare care). So it is advisable to have babies earlier than 30 years for women.

But, educated women now know the importance of career and self-support and are inclined to achive both career and family at hand. So, giving due respect to both I think 24-27 years make it a idea age band for women to have babies!

6. kuccoo

kuccoo New IL'ite

Hello 2 all...

According 2 our doctor, an indian girl got matured around 14 yrs. Nowadays, most of the girls postponed their childbirth by up to 5 yrs. Of course, it may good for their happy life. But, alternatively we should consider another thing also. That is... GENERATION GAP. Anyone tell me the impact of generation gap?

Waiting,
    Kuccoo..

7. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

Now a days there are lots of complications in getting pregnant.Not all are able to get pregnant when they want.
    I feel , anyway a family life gets complete only when we have a baby.so everybody try to have a baby either naturally or thro treatments.Who knows how our body is?
    What i want to say is , marrying at late age,then postponing pregnancy for few yrs,then trying to concieve.again no one can tell we will suceed or not.so we may have to go for treatment for all that. we should be fit enough to bear all that treatments.
    So my personnal opinion is dont postpone pregnancy.No one is going to get pregnant in 1st attempt.:rotfllike they show in movies.so naturally u will get atleast 6mnths for enjoying.:thumbsup.

8. mom2gurls

mom2gurls New IL'ite

I think it depends on what country you are living in and what your career path is. Here in the USA.. MOST women do not get married before 26-27. Most usually will have there first child before 30. And then will have there second, third fourth child in their 30's.

you finish high school here by 18, college is 4 years so you are 22, most go for a masters or medical/lawyer type of profession. Which is 2-4 years after that so you are between 24-26..if you are in medicine, then you have residency which can be 1-4 years...so if you can be almost 30 by the time its all said and done. Over here is 30 is NOTHING these days. Over here the age that is recc i by an ob/gyn is 35..and that too is VERY loose.

Many are just starting their families between the ages of 30-40. My friend had her first at 34 and is having her second at 39. Most women are extremelly active, go to the gym, work out...so physically are capable of handling a pregnancy in their 30's.

I rarely meet anyone who gets married and has a child by the time they are 23-24. Its not common. Funny I had my children at 28, 32 and my last one at 35. I am 38 and my oldest is 10, 5 and almost 3. I dont feel a day over 21, we listen to the same music, and I love shopping with my girls.

The age 40 is NOTHING these days...at least over here. But again, where you live, what part of the world you are from, customs, traditions, careers, maturity level, finances....there is are too many factors to consider.

My personal opinion is "do what works for you". From an age standpoint...even though medical infrastructure is wonderful here and many many women I know and friends of friends dont have kids till they are WELL into their 30's, I went with my obgyns advice and made sure I was done by 35.

9. supriya84

supriya84 Senior IL'ite

I think 28-30 is the best......Im 25+ now....will be getting married in a couple of months....:coffee

yes, true it shouldnt be postponed too much cos its not in our hands...

Also many girls are worried about the changes pregnancy will have on their bodies, relationship wit hhusband after that and the responsibilities...

I would appreciate it if older readers who are below 40 now but had children in their twenties comment on this matter so that it'll be a reassurance to us..... (especially the changes to body and relationship with hubby...) :hide:

Also is it easy to lose the weight if you have a baby before 30?

10. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

Supriya , congrats for ur wedding.I finished my BE when i was 20yrs.21yrs got married.23 my daughter was born and 27 my son was born.Now i am 31.I am not working.I am having a happy and satisfied life with my hubby.And one more info, my 1st delivery was normal and 2nd a c sec.I am fine ,fit and ok in all ways.:thumbsup