1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about your MIL/FIL??

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Meharnisa, Apr 21, 2010.

1. sunny2009

sunny2009 New IL'ite

Re: MIL is an Angel or Devil?

Hi
    This is the nice thread I liked this topic very much.
    I would say 100% my mother-in-law is an angel.She is such a sweet person , but initially I failed to understand her and they moved away (to upsatirs,in the same house)just to give space for me and DH.I realised my mistake but cant bring back them and all those days which I wasted in catfights with my MIL.I was so foolish that I looked for faults with her behaivour but couldnt see the love and caring gestures behind her.She's is born to love and care for others.:bowdownShe is the woman who lives for others and what an understanding nature she has....
    I learnt many things from her and now-a-days I feel can I ever be like her atleast in few aspects.
    Inspite of all the differences we had, she has forgiven me totally.My Dh these days complains that his mom gives more importance to me than her son.I'm very lucky person, as the emotional support, care, love etc all thsoe one expects from own mother, is given to me not by my mom but actually by Mother-in-law.She was very very supportive with me at the time of delivary and takes very good care of my son.
    I just want to thank God that he has given me such a wonderful family.Touchwood!

2. SupSam

SupSam Senior IL'ite

Ladies.. I had thought to post a separate thread regarding my confusions and how to handle them these days and get your suggestions but I have written those here itself in the detailed...sorry...loong post of mine. I hope you read it and give your suggestions.

Thanks,
    Supriya.

3. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

Re: Relation with in-laws-discuss

yeah dear I agree with you that,we need to bond to the family
    and every one has there pace. Let in-laws also know that we are not some one from outside and are one of the members and don't differentiate us.
    really we feel happy to receive gifts from in-laws :cheers,it is not a must but surely a token of love makes us feel more dear.
    all the best dear

4. Hiddly

Hiddly Junior IL'ite

My MIL is definately a devil. She has never been nice to me since my wedding and now is making me feel she is a blessing that her and my FIL are living with us. I have lived 9 years on my own and been through the hardship of settling in a new country (Oz) and having kids with no external help as at that point in time she thought it was not nessasary to be a blessing. Now that they are growing older and have moved in with us from Kenya they feel they are a blessing.

To be honest we will never find a MIL who is 100% i agree but at the same time it is hard to give 100% being a DIL too if this is the case. We join a new family and therefore in MOST CASES we generally step in with the respect and expect the same inturn but when the MIL starts to feel she is loosing her seat (like the parliament seat) the colors change. I guess if we ever have a poll the percentage will be higher on DEVIL!

5. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

yeah, mostly in-laws are so :cheers

6. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

great then,
    all the best to you :thumbsup

7. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

@LovelyDoll
    Thanks for the wishes. I wish you the same. :)

@SupSam
    Supriya, I have read few of your posts before too. I wish you have a speedy recovery. I am glad that your DH is very caring and supportive.. I remember in one post you mentioned how he never even allow you to research about the diagnosis online. That was a very moving post. I wish you both and the kids the best of the best. This journey through recovery will thicken the bond with all your relations. There is a blessing in disguise. All the best, dear.

Sunny, It is well written warm post. Happy for you. May be you can write a little on how things moved from 'misunderstanding to more understanding..' I am sure many will be eager to know.. and we may even get a new perspective on things that bother us in the MIL-DIL world.

You know what.. Let me start a thread sometime Today. Since you are the inspiration behind that thread, I would be thrilled if you could share your story there (hopefully as the first post). :thumbsup

EDIT: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r...ertanding-more-understanding.html#post1235734

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  8. SriVen

SriVen Silver IL'ite

My MIL and SILs are Angels.They never be devil to anyone.Such a nice persons.I am really blessed to have such a nice family.

9. sunny2009

sunny2009 New IL'ite

Sunny, It is well written warm post. Happy for you. May be you can write a little on how things moved from 'misunderstanding to more understanding..' I am sure many will be eager to know.. and we may even get a new perspective on things that bother us in the MIL-DIL world.

You know what.. Let me start a thread sometime Today. Since you are the inspiration behind that thread, I would be thrilled if you could share your story there (hopefully as the first post). :thumbsup

Hi,
    M very much happy to share the things changed between my MIL and me.Than you for starting a new thread and I'll be posting my story soon.....

10. gaayathribabu

gaayathribabu New IL'ite

my mil is real devil. her life is made only of money. nothing else. wherever the money is , she will be there. she likes only money in this world and she cam lean to any extent for it. she will never care for her sons life .she will never allow me to do wrk and if i did also, she will tell someting or other things in that. she is real MONSTER .:spin