what do you think about this- cursing others in GOD's Name?????!@#$%

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Riyakathir, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

Dear Friends....

i came across and coming across frequently by one issue. which is sometimes hurting me very hard.

i am putting this issue in front of all my friends...
    i request you friends to put your suggestions in to it.

i am pakka Hindu girl..... though modern.. very much interested in doing poojas and doing fasting and regular to temples. though i am spiritual.... i do used to go to churches.... as the music is so awesome. wen they call god.... through music.. really by whole hardheartedly i used to keep my sakthi in my heart and i ll sing.....

i have a very very very best friend...... he is christian. he never used to tell things..... but.... e will not come to temple with me lik kinda stuff...

one day... doing aadi functions in temple.. he saw sakthi vaganam.. where singam was there with large eyes and big teeth.....
    he started that time.. "why your gods are like this... so o o scary to see.... looking like a devil.... god should be pleasing to see r8" like that.....
    i tried to explain him.. tht... it is not like that.. mostly... one god will take more avatars..... wen gos is angry and punishing the evils.. how she ll be looking pleasing and smiley face... so she is in angry mode... when i am seeing gos.. i am not feeling scary...... but he didn't accept it... he was laughing back at me.... i was having fever that day ... so tired of giving explanations so i left...

next day is Sunday....
    he called me... "molu.... are u coming with me to church.. there will be great music.. really you will like it".....

i said yes... as i don have any issue.

when i went there... he was so happy.... tht i am near him as his best friend during his prayers also.... his wife was also happy about my arrival....

one pastor from US.... gave a speach....
    he asked.. how many religions are there in the world...
    as just few minutes b4 we saw a clipping.. related to world and its suffering.... and it was mentioned that there are 18000 religions all told that...

pastor dint agree to it and told.... there are only two religions in the world....
    i thought he is going to tell male and female...

he said... Christianity and non Christianity....

i really got pissed off and upset...

i told my frnd.. and i was urging for mike..... to oppose that,....

here really i am not to be against christianity and to praise hinduism...

i just want to say t them....
    Jesus told "love thy neighbors"
    if some body is slapping at u in one cheek show the other one...
    he didnt say any where at any point to curse others... criticize others and praise me...

he told.. love the person if he/ she really hates you too...
    when you are not following that.. and telling his name in the church and cursing and hurting others means......

i felt they are not real followers of Lord Jesus....

it really hurt-ed me...

when i was telling this to my friend... he said.. the same thing is happening in kerala (he is a mallu)
    when i was young... if i am playing in temple pond... with my friends... Hindus will tell me not to get in to pond.. if he is playing there.. then it will be big pooja has to be done to clean all impurities of non Hindu like that...

but i have never come across that in tamil nadu

and here ... i am giving request to all hindu, christian, Muslim.. what ever we are...

what ever name.. we calling.. what ever path we have taken.....
    at last we all are aiming one place... <<<<gods love="">GOD'S LOVE>>>

so.. i request you to consider others belief and not to curse them....

if in churches itself they are doing means... the same mentality will grow in small children.. and they ll do the same to their friends...

i changed my friend...
    he is coming to temple...... and he is seeing jesus in my Sakthi.... as i am seeing sakthi through jesus....

please friends.... India's great strength is "Unity in Diversity"
    We should not break that.....

:).......</gods>

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
    7 people like this.

2. radhusankar

radhusankar Silver IL'ite

Hi Ria
    Nice thread, nowadays younger generations are pretty good in such things, they wont have any partiality while mingle with others, people minds are already started to change, but in a slow process.........lets wait

3. rsk11584

rsk11584 Silver IL'ite

Better I not comment on what goes on in churches in sunday and there is some 24 hr channel in cable TV which always sings praises for jesus. I have only one thing to tell, just follow the religion which you are born in and dont think much. For you your religion should be foremost important. Then if your hindu you should only follow hinduism and all other religions should be of no use to you, same for other religions. So please dont compare religions here, it will be very long time before humans will agree that there is only one religion and I want you to guess it.

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Tolerance to any religion as well as to non-believers is most important.

One can follow religion in which you are born, or convert if you like, or not follow any religion. What is important is to be a good human being. Just as an example, AR Rahman was born a Hindu and his family converted, that does not make him any less or any greater. Its what he does that defines him and how he lives his life that makes him great.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  5. Riyakathir

@rsk11584

sorry dear!!!... i am not comparing any religion to anything....
    even i am telling to hindus also......
    we should not tease or curse others beliefs and their born identity...
    you follow yours... i ll follow mine....
    i ll not hurt you.. and i ll be greatful to you if you are not hurting me...

i am talking about the humanity only...
    though you are christian, i am muslim... she is hindu...
    we all are frnds... y???? we all are single race that we are HUMANS....

tht is wat i tried to tell here....

1 person likes this.
  6. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Nice thread! Though I am a hindu, I go to church too. For man to realize only one God exists, and we humans have split it to suit our own culture and religions, is not going to happen in near future. But at the least, we can stop criticizing other religions. Good point, thanks for sharing.

2 people like this.
  7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Riya,
    You have very clear convictions..You have said it very beautifully...I am a Human that tooo Woman:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  8. Riyakathir

hello Aish sis.. thanks a lot for your feed back... i am happy to be shared and get your feedback here... i am surprised to you in my thread too :)

9. Riyakathir

thanks great VJB..... Yes.. women has the power to inbuilt these in to kids mind.. let us do that... let us have out religious and caste only in certificate not in mind.. one day will come.. to eradicate that tooo

10. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

It may be my perception but I feel that Hindus are more tolerant towards other religions. As Riya and Ice had said I also frequent churches as I had a few christian friends. But none of my christian friends have ever visited a temple even after I insisted.
    I even received similar taunts like Riya mentioned in her post regarding our Gods. Making fun of Lord Krishna like having many wives and stuff like that. These things pissed me off a lot.
    From then, I have not been to churches often. I have nothing against Christianity. But, it is the people who are doing all this. Hope we learn to appreciate the good in every religion!