1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

What do you prefer? eBook or hard book?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by coolblues, Mar 7, 2013.

1. prasannaprao

prasannaprao Silver IL'ite

I still love my hard-copy books. I tired reading e-books but somehow the faint dusty smell of pages as I read a book escaped me. Maybe one day I would enjoy reading e-book, but till then paperbacks it is!

2. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

The art of personalizing the paper with underlining, sketching, highlighting.. Can't be matched by e-paper.

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am still ready hard copies (books), though, I think many of us would soon move to e-reading, thanks to low cost mediums available and being environmentally friendly.

1 person likes this.
  4. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

I have a kindle but I love the smell of fresh paper. I am mentally convincing myself that reading e-books is being kinder to the environment so I should stop investing in books. However, I have a habit of making notes and scribbling when I read hence hardcover works better for me. But I am trying to learn to be a better kindle user

1 person likes this.
  5. JazzyJazz

JazzyJazz Silver IL'ite

Hard copies anytime. it gives a separate pleasure and delight to the eyes. :)

6. cpriya0

cpriya0 New IL'ite

hard books anyday, but I wouldn't mind trying amazon kindle!

7. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Nothing to beat Hard Copies. You could refer back to an earlier chapter with ease, unlike ebooks. I have a library of over 1000 books, built over the years. Sitting in the library, with your favorite books all around and reading one of them is a great feeling. I keep buying more and more - main source of irritation for my DW.
    So out of necessity I had to switch to Ebooks also. Have a collection of over 1000 books - in my Kindle + Ipad - Kobo, ebooks & Dropbox. In addition vast number of free books in Project Gutenberg, Project Madurai (Tamil) etc sites containg classics which I never even thought of during Hard book only days. Also, very convenient to carry - especially as I travel a lot. Am loving the optin despite the drawbacks.
    But, my first love for hard books stands.
    Anbudan,
    Rrg

1 person likes this.
  8. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

books are my 1st love & specially the books yellowed with time with faint brown spots ,the one we got from public libraries.
    even now,i love 2nd hand books & am little uncomfortable with the new ,white pages & shiny covers.
    Hard copy anytime............

1 person likes this.
  9. hpt

hpt Silver IL'ite

I prefer ebook mainly because I have toddler at home whose only intention is to tear my paperbacks and send it to dustbin. Also ebook gives the flexibility to read in mobile, ebook reader and office PC (ofcourse in free time) ;)

One more advantage is availability of hardbooks. I am living in a place where ‘Library’ is a long forgotten word. Sigh!

1 person likes this.
  10. kasturiradhika

kasturiradhika Senior IL'ite

Of course hard book in the sunday afternoon sitting in a easy chair munching something I love it :2thumbsup: