What do you like the most about being a working woman?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Rakshana, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Rakshana

Rakshana New IL'ite

Some of us really like to work and this makes us happy. Some love the friendship and all the nice things they can have in a community. Others are in there for the money. What do you like the most about being a working woman?

2. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Re: What di you like the most about being a working woman?

Hi Rakshana,
    Great discussion!!!Good job buddy....
    The best thing i like about being a working woman is that it has given me a
    - great self confidence
    - clarity to think,
    - The joy of being able to support and help DH in all his financial needs or whenever there is a financial crunch..
    - Exposure to technology and outer world.
    - Realise my potentiality.

The list will go endless..On the whole i like to be a working woman!!!

3. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Re: What di you like the most about being a working woman?

I like the "being " part of working woman. I mean I adore full time home makers too. But for me, I can never be happy if I am out of work and full time at home. I have this constantly active brain which needs lots of food. And what better place than office. It gives a chance for my ambitions to blossom, my being to elevate and my intellect to stimulate.

I guess money was always side product for me. It was more on having a challange and raising up to it. It always gave me a kick inside. Wether its preparing for marathon, Striving for that big sales deal. Or preparing hard to defeat that other smart guy on debate competition. So for me being working is like, constantly expressing myself. So I would say even when I retire I would need a stimulus to live on apart from regular family life. Wether it may be a education program in a village or setting up some self-starter business unit plan for uneducated women in village. I just feel there is so much of "me" waiting to help out society than I just cannt contain myself to home and kids.
    For me "working" was as natural choice as "Studying", "eating", "living" or "sleeping".
    I mean I cannot imagine not to have this part of expressed and blossomed.

Good topic Indeed. Made me think a lot why I love to work so much.

Ria

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I was a working woman till about 3 yrs back.Now I am a full-time home maker.I love both.I 've worked for 10 yrs with an MNC and it was the best time in my life.Like Aishu said,the independence,exposure to the outside world,responsibility etc., are some of the highlights of being a working woman.Also,one learns to balance both home and work and that is not an easy thing.

For me,I wanted to work with a MN bank right from my school days and I prepared hard and worked only to achieve that.During those 10 yrs,I gained a lot - saved a lot,even met my wonderful husband there. Now with his move to the U.S.,I had to quit my job,but I don't regret it a bit.I see my working years as very fruitful ones and I was able to achieve whatever I wanted.Now ,I am at home and eventhough I can legally work here,I have decided not to since I want to spend that much more time with my young son.:hatsoff

5. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I have been working for almost 12 years and love all that comes with it.
    Even before I was married I was working and have done so till now.

-financial independence
    -pitching in with the expenses
    -respect from peers
    -decisive mind
    -not being taken for granted

Not necesarily in that order.

6. KiranUs

KiranUs New IL'ite

I also like working. I may not have the ideal job but it does give me a great deal of confidence.
    I have the financial freedom i hoped for. I am confident in myself, now that i can manage to live on my own and i also like the new people i meet. It's always nice to make new acquaintances :)

7. SKiran

SKiran New IL'ite

Hello Rakshana!

Thanks a lot for such a nice discussion topic!!
    I have been working for an MNC since 5 years,And I feel following are the advantages It Improves your self confidence,It Gives you Financial Independence,You will come across many people at work from different states,caste and creed - Social Networking,You will know by yourself the potential/talent which you have.,You have an excuse for not attending a function/getogether/parties ;).Last but not the least ..You will get to know about such good websites :),Wherein You can talk about everything that is bothering you.

Thanks n Regards
    Kiran

8. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Hi ,

A very nice thread and lovely responses.I can't add anything more to the reasons and explanations that everyone has quoted.Well apart from all these I also feel that it gives me an identity instead of being somebody's wife,somebody's daughter.You are identified by what you are at work and not by the relationship you have with anyone.

-Sabitha

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  9. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Most of the ladies have already summarised the main points that makes anyne to be a working woman..
    As for me, I just can't imagine me being at home without any meetings, targets, bashing boss, cribbing about workload etc etc... I think these are part of my life..

10. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

1.Financial Independence

2.Confidence

3.Liberty

4.Learning

5.Multitasking