1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do you like in your spouse?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Nivedi, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am not sure if this topic has been discussed before. If not, then let's do it.

What quality do you like in your spouse? What interests do you share in common?

I like my husband's positive and patient nature. He is helpful with the household chores and has a balanced temperament.

We share our love for music, although I am a bad singer and he is a good one.

Cheers!

2. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Good thread..
    I like lots in my hubby.
    - his organizational skills
    - his finance skills
    - his atthletic talents
    - innocence
    - his ability to love his family beyond limits

we share lot of common interests too
    we both love travelling to different countries
    eating variety of foods.
    we both love to donate our money
    we both have humanitarian self, which got me attracted to this guy in the first place. He s never shy to share his wealth with poorest and neediest. He can find unique ways to do charity.
    We both have love of history. We like reading it, visiting it in older cities.
    We both are nature freak. We try to spend some part of our week exclusively to nature.

Though we have many different interests too.. But so far its going good..

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

First thing came to my mind is:
    He will not complain about my cooking:yes: at all . He is a silent-eater.
    He is very patient. If he is angry he will not talk for a while and then he will be normal once again. His good character, God loving nature, generosity, caring for his patients and family and also to the co-workers, simplicity, sincerity in his job and helping others in distress.
    What do I share in common...in character, God loving nature, simplicity, helping others, caring and helping and in patience.
    But when I am angry, I will yell and then calm down for which I amd practicing not to yell.
    Sriniketan

4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Wonderful topic ...

I love my husband for letting me be ME and not what he wants me to be. He gave me encourgement to study further and be what I am today - he helped me immensly to achieve that. I never was a needy person to begin with - but his support has made me a strong person today. I love his passion towards his work. I love how much he cares about his family - especially my daughter. I know he will do anything for us. Our lives have been busy with work, etc. Lately we have started making more time for each other - like watching a favorite TV show together. I like the fact that he takes time to plan an outing for our anniversary. He never makes demands on me - to do this or that. If I dont feel like cooking on some days, that is not a problem - we eat "curd rice" with pickle and then I feel guilty. Today is his birthday and I am making his favorite Italian meal - making Ravioli along with home made bread sticks, salad and bruschetta and my daughter made him an ice cream cake and decorated it. The hard worker that he is - he went to work for a few hours - when he comes home, he will have his wonderful meal waiting for him. This is my way of showing how much I care for him.

Thanks IL for letting me put my thoughts down in words.

Shobana

5. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Good thread, Nivedi.
    I like him because he is a caring and loving husband, a very good father; also a very good son.

I like his positive and balanced attitude. He respects everyone.
    He encourages me a lot. I gained more interest in Science because of my husband. Whatever i am right now is because of my husband.

We both like to drive, like to hear songs, and we both are god loving. If i am angry, he will be quiet and viceversa.

6. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Nice to hear from you all - Ria, Sriniketan,Shobana and Sindhuja.

Birthday wishes to your husband, Shobana!

2 people like this.
  7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Nice thread
    This page will not be enough for me but i'll try and be short
    I really like that my husband lets me be myself . He is a wonderful person, loving, caring, great husband and great dad. His parents are no more but he did do the last rites and we continue to pay respects everyyear. He treats my family as his so my parents are his now.
    He is very very patient and thats how he survives with me. very hard working . encourages me in everything . His sense of humour is incredible. always makes jokes and makes me laugh. I thank god everyday that I have my husband in my life.
    regards
    anandchitra:-D