1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do you ladies do when your MIL ignores you and won't talk to you

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sunshine1970, Mar 18, 2014.

1. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

enjoy the silence for sometime..

1 person likes this.
  2. KaviPriyaNew

KaviPriyaNew Junior IL'ite

its really a gift if MIL ignored and doesn't talk, I am also enjoying it don't ever try to talk with her. even if I reply to her when she starts talking she behaves as if she is a GOD Who has forgiven me for my wrong doing and begin torture right away.... so never want to talk to her in my life time.

1 person likes this.
  3. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

I did that too & enjoyed for quite some time. But my MILs shrewdness takes new heights everytime....She declared herself sick & has stopped going out of house for quite some time now. Its a new pain to have her around ALL the time.

1 person likes this.
  4. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Ignore the fact that she is ignoring you ...

1 person likes this.
  5. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

I would be happy if she doesnt talk to me !

1 person likes this.
  6. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

I will party as much as I can, in front of her to show my happiness.

2 people like this.
  7. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

This has happened to me more than 1000 times in 18 years of my married life... first I was very very uncomfortable but later learnt to ignore and then on enjoying every moment when she is not in talking terms... Thanks to the invention of MOBILES which came to me as a boon, Even when Iam cooking I would happily be talking and laughing with my sibblings, MOM and friends.. this use to irritate her to the core and would crib with my FIL as to who is paying my mobile bills ideasmiley .

Just show her that you are least affected by her "Mute mode" and even she wants to end her drama and start talking to you, you don't be normal with her just answer in singular like No or Yes.. hmm etc show her also that you were equally annoyed.

8. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

I do..:party...

or may be I am being too harsh...just let her be,cant do anything better than that :)

9. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi Blessed you give the best advice. I too am firm this time I won't approach to talk to her, because this is getting ridiculous. She will not talk or look at me when visitors come, but its ok cause I giggle and chit chat with them with a big smile on my face. If she does decide to talk to me again, I will only answer yes/no and nothing more, I am sick of these games she wants to play and refuse to play them. Let her be miserable if she chooses to.

2 people like this.
  10. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

In the initial months of marriage, I used to get so disturbed when she would avoid me due to any or many reasons. You wont believe that she would wait for her DS to ask her that why was she quiet. immediately the hell would break lose and she would cry inconsolably. But gradually I started avoiding all this. I would continue with my daily chores.

But I have learnt a lesson as well. If MIL and DIL are living under the same roof, no matter how hard the DIL tries to convince herself that Ok, this is so cool that we are not talking, there will come a point when you would feel suffocated if the cold war continues for way too long.

Hence, to ensure that I am at peace with myself, many a times, I take an indirect lead and try to break the ice.