1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do before you go to sleep?

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    Dhideernu, periya upanyasakar bhashaiyellam pesarele ?
    Oh, Sri is slowly becoming Sri Dikshithar?
    Love,
    Chithra.
    <xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nischel
    The power of auto suggestion was the brainchild of `Emile Coue`, a famous French Philosopher of 19th Century. He firmly believed that suggesting to oneself on waking up and before going to bed, slowly and repeatedly, that 'day by day , in every way , I am getting better and better, He used this as a tool of self improvement as well as in the treatment of several ailments too! His success rate was reported to be very high!
    Using his so-called method ( which he called a trick) his patients of all sorts would get spectacular cures. In fact one English man, C. Harry Brooks who visited him would put the success rate as around 93%. The remaining 7% people would include those who were in the first place skeptical of Coue's trick and would not like to understand it and people who could not understand Coue's words possibly because of being mentally retarded.
    The cures achieved by Coue's patients seemed to be unbelievable, but Coue always clearly explained to the visitors that he possessed no powers and the power lied within themselves.
    As Coue puts it -- "Autosuggestion is a weapon that one must learn to use properly and effectively. It's like a double-edged sword which when learned properly to use , one can save one's life otherwise end up injuring or killing oneself.
    His unique discovery was that will-power was the biggest obstacle in any cure. The cures were a result of using of imagination or positive autosuggestion to the exclusion of one's will-power.
    Patients of all sorts would visit him. The list of malady included kidney problems, diabetes, memory loss, stammering, weakness, atrophy and all sorts of physical and mental illnesses.
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    My upanyasams are restricted to Mid Night Masalas! I will not stray into areas sanctified by you! (The fact is most of them go far over my thick head!):idontgetit:
    Sri

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

As it is this is my second post about your writings. I do a hell lot o work before I go to bed. After all the routine works are over it is time for my own self. I prefer none disturb me but it is not really happening. I keep the t on browse the net. Post in IL. Reply to my friends mails. Then my back aches sitting in a place for a long time. I force myself to shut down my laptop and go to bed.

Again I cant fall asleep immediatly. I need to read atleast a dozen pages in any book I am reading currently with the MP4 player plugged to my ear. The book falls down when I m damn tired I switch off the player and I sleep. But if the book is so interesting then I force myself to continue reading. But I keep reminding myself that I need to get up at 5.30. So I force myself to sleep.

Sometimes if I dont feel like reading a book I just listen to music.

5. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Dear CHEENIYA SIR,
    U HAVE NOT CLEAED MY DOUBT ABOUT "AUTO SUGGESTION".

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir
    I liked your reply in this line "I keep hunting the 'I' after His teaching but the more I try to hunt it, the more 'I' concious I become!"
    that really sums it up.
    I am even more enjoying this thread because i'm seeing my favorite IL's Chithra's (ChitVish) different side and your both lighthearted banter back and forth.
    regards
    anandchitra (my husband's name is anand and he really is a source of anandam):-D

7. Cheeniya

Dear Rajmarun
    If I were your eyes, I would beg you to let me close my tired lids! An extended day appears your cup of tea. I think you should have mercy upon yourself!
    If books and music do not let you go to sleep, try reading Salman Rushdie or Saul Bellow!
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

Dear Nischel
    Sorry I could not respond to your query as I was out of station for a couple of days on business.
    Auto suggestion is a method by which you keep suggesting to yourself everyday whatever you desire to attain in life. The best time to arry out this exercise is immediately after waking up in the morning and before falling asleep at night. Those few minutes when you are still in bed in the morning and when sleep is about to possess you at night, you are in a semi conscious state when anything that you suggest to yourself gets imprinted in your subconscience. Action is triggered internally by your subconscience. This method is very effective in curing chronic ailments, negative features in our character etc. You can use it to look younger, stronger, whatever.
    For example, if you suffer from chronic stomach pain, you can repeat to yourself, "Day by day, minute by minute, my stomach pain is getting better and better and soon it will vanish completely" This can be said in any language of your chouce.
    Sri

9. Cheeniya

Dear Anandchitra
    I have no doubt that in giving anandham to each other, both of you are extremely generous! A happy couple is indeed a joy to behold!:)
    Sri

10. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir,
    vanakkam. I have gone through ur post about AUTO SUGGESTION as a reply to my doubt. Now I understood clearly what it is. Sir can we accept this is equivalent to our elders saying that "YAD BHAVAM TAD BHAVATHI" meaning
    "IT WILL HAPPEN AS U THINK"?
    By the by I think u are in between 60 n 70yrs . I am in the same age group.I am a retired lecturer.If my expectation is correct we Two are BROTHERS.
    ur's lovingly
    Sd/nischel