1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do before you go to sleep?

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

Logged in after a long time and am greeted by a very entertaining write up from you. Well you are indeed getting younger as the days go. me to PG Woodhouse fan.
    Anyway these days, i am usually travelling in outer space to distant planets or i am a chameleon changing colours and turning into weird animals or am hungry caterpillar waiting to metamorphasize into a beautiful butterfly, and then we are off on a long train journey to distant lands before we sleep.

Nice to be back and reading your write ups again.

Vandhana

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunitha
    Many people start feeling that they need to undergo some metamorphosis the moment they retire. Smearing the forehead with holy ash, letting a strand of hair at the back of the head grow longer than their peers and wearing the eye glasses at the tip of their noses are some of the ways by which they proclaim that they have become senior citizens!
    I just cant understand this madness! When people defy looking old, these people criticise saying, 'Avanukku periya minornu nenaippu!' But the irony is that these people putting on a senile appearance may continue to nurse dark desires in their hearts while chirpy old men will be more philosophical than they appear and act!
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Dear TDU
    If PGW is my hero in prose, Omar Khayyam is my idol in poetry. His following verse,

Here with a Loaf of Bread beneath the Bough,
    A Flask of Wine, a Book of Verse---and Thou
    Beside me singing in the Wilderness---
    And Wilderness is Paradise enow.

embodies the quintessence of his philosophy. 'Perform your task while it is yet day' is his clarion call to every one of us. No one should have any regrets for we may not pass over this side again!
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear Aishu
    I must say that you have an enviable routine! In these days when most of the couples laugh at each other and have jokes at each other's expence, your joint exercise in humour is certainly a good tip! But when it comes to recounting the events of the day, I do hope that you deliver a summarised version! Do you remember the precis writing exercise of our student days? I mean shrinking the given text to about one third of the size? That should come handy for you!
    Sri

5. Cheeniya

Dear Vandhana
    A wow to you for your thoughts! Absolutely original!
    Of the planets that you have visited so far, which one you liked best? How was it hibernating as a cocoon before flying off in a thousand hues? And have you ever become a giraffe and looked down upon everyone around you?:smile:
    Sri

6. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hello Cheeniya sir,

I wonder how I missed this post. You are back to your humorous style. I enjoy the dialogues between you and Chitvish. You both have a very good and individual style of writing. And your jawaab for the second post of Chithraji was superb. And good to see the increase in number of fans for PGW-the grand master of humour.

Love,

Abha.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

A worthy post to read before bedtime:)

The title did play with my eyebrows too...wondered at your question, like Chithra did :confused2: But Cheeniya being Cheeniya, what else can one expect but pure humor..may all else fade into obscurity !

Tsk tsk...Midnight Masala indeed :frown: We have problems getting good masalas for our kitchen, leave alone midnight masala to sleep off...Now..I am bemused and confused...Hey you both Ch's...do you really go to the slumber land after a session with MM ? It Cannot be possible :|

And Vandhana....nice that your flights into fantasy land keeps you off the influences of the eminent IL'ites !

I used to thirst for the first 15mins of Jay Leno before dosing off into a smily sleep till this thing called Indusladies happened to me. I struggled for sometime trying to make time for both IL and JL, but JL took a bow and I hear he is taking a bow for good this year. So much for Leno, I have to attend to the Ladies here, especially when Cheeniya is holding court :-D

L, Kamla

8. kripa shankari

kripa shankari New IL'ite

lovely post cheeniya
    an honest one at that.
    i make my lil one go to sleep and then sit with a book in hand.
    it might b paulcoelho,haaryy potter or magyk,flyte by a.sage or an m,and b
    if nothing works then i start singing chinnan chiru kiliye or kurai onrum illai.
    otherwise i fantasise that i never got married and do not hav the resp of a daunting 5 year old.
    the last resort is always a dairy milk fruit and nut to bring that satisfied smug on my face.
    i wipe it off and then go to slumberland.
    hey age is in the mind so chill.
    i would say soft ****,telugu stars etc r okay aslong as u do not wake up indira
    aunty or hurt her.
    now she must hav got used to u and kai kazhuviiruppa illa?
    jus joking
    luv
    krips

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi cheeniya,

Nice thread. Just came across it, today missed out on it. For me everyday it is either vatsalyam by b.jayshree, hariprasadchaurasia, veena gayathri along with a nice book. it can either be the day's hindu to steven covey anything. (can't sleep if i dont read a few lines.)
    Apart from this I have this habit, of talking to my husband, about the day's goings, about the mischiefs the kids had done, the good and the bad. then we rationalise, analyse them. right now missing talking to hubby in person (he is still in muscat):cry:
    You have mentioned about waking up in the morning. for me waking up is by my daughter's alarm for 4.00 am in the morning. she will come and sleep with daddy and talk about her school, her previous day, everything (All the juiciest bits are reserved for daddy.) while I pretend to sleep I cant even shout if i get angry :mad: . Then 5.00 son comes in with his details... So that is how it starts for me...

Age is only numbers. what counts is how young/healthy we are in our mind.
    Enjoy you mmasalar to your heart's content:2thumbsup: .

10. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir ,
    U have taken a simple & cute topic & rendered it in a very cute manner ! I can see ur sense of humour in the second ( lighter !) part of ur post - and in ur reply to sunkan ( to the core )! ! I was laughing uncontrollably ( for how long , i don't know ! )
    I use to hear my favourite songs through my Mp 3 player just before sleeping - lying on bed . That eases my mind & gives me a peaceful sleep . As u suggest i plan to follow auto suggestion method too every alternate day . I 'll try & let u know the results , ok , sir ?
    I believe in one saying ( i don't remember who told it ) : As long as you think you are young .. you will remain young ! Isn't it true ? ! Thanks for making us energetic through ur post , sir !
    With regards ,
    Indhu .