1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do before you go to sleep?

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear TDU
    Kaatrin Mozhi is my great favourite too. Dont worry, be happy is also a very inspiring song. I love the famed number sung by Julie Andrews, 'Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens' I cant help smiling everytime I hear this timeless number. Music is a proven remedy for depressions. There is no better way to fall asleep than hearing a favourite number. ipods are indeed a boon to the present generation!
    Sri

2. Cheeniya

Dear sunkan
    cheenikum is the last hope of every senile chap like me! Incidentally, what a classic dress sense Tabu has! But then I realise the futility of feeling jealous about Amitab. I remember how the girl contestents used to swoon over him in Kaun Banega Crorepathi and I always kept a bottle of Gelusil with me whenever I watched that programme!
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Dear Induslady
    The 'usually reliable sources' tell me that it is a great honour to receive a feed back from Induslady herself! :)
    But after reading about your having to spend long hours trying to grapple with the problems of the site, I feel sad at not being able to be of any help whatsoever. I wish there is some way by which some of us could share your burden.
    IL has given us an identity and in the evening of my life, I have found a new meaning to my existence through my interactions with ILites. I feel as if my clock has been put back by a couple of decades. I owe a lot to IL and I do hope there is some way I can repay my debt
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    First time I am hearing that lullabies are needed right through our life!
    But the songs you mention show your class. For a moment when you warned me of a second post, I was worried that you might say that songs like Thimisu Kattai and Vaazha meenukkum, vilangu meenukkum kalyanam put you to a peaceful slumber!
    Rabindra Sangeeth has a tranquilising effect on our mind. Subir Sen and Hemanth dada are my great favourites. Gazals of Gulam Ali and Jagjit have a profound effect too!
    If Music be the food of love play on!
    Sri

5. Cheeniya

Dear Sowmi
    The Murphy's law states that the one who snores the heaviest is the one that falls asleep first! But then the snoring of a hubby could by itself be a lullaby!
    I avoid seeing the news channels before falling asleep. Last time when I saw the news that a eighty year old man got married to a 28 year old girl, I could not sleep the whole night and I had to consume half a bottle of Gelusil to put down the flame in my stomach!
    Browsing IL is certainly a very soothing pastime particularly when people praise me!
    Sri

6. Cheeniya

Dear Malathi
    No one can deny the effect of good music on a restless soul. I always listen to music when my mood is upset. But then what goes in the name of music succeeds only in raising our passions these days! Songs like Kaatrin Mozhi and Katril Varum Geethame, en kannanai ariyayo are an exception. Do you know, I can sing Kaatrin Mozhi song reasonably well!
    But still, my PG W is my greatest ally and the sheer quality of his English is enough to set my mind at rest. I do watch M.Masala from time to time to get myself in a 'bad mood' so that I can run to PG W or my music to ease my mind!
    sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear Sathya
    Glad to hear that you are a fan of Dennis like me though I like the indulgent Mrs Wilson better. I dont have a wall of books around me but I do have a collection that can be read more than once! There are any number of books like Churchill's War Memoirs to induce instant sleep and there are books like Arabian Nights which have the same effect as M.Masala. There is no greater way to fall asleep than listening to a favourite musician through an iPod.
    But nothing can be equalled by the endearing words spoken by a loved one in soothing our retless mind!
    Sri

8. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Keep it up,Cheeniya Sir,you are still very,very young at heart:wink:

I keep wondering why people when they reach a certain age like 45-50,they start doing all things that old people do...you definitely don't fit that category---keep it up!

9. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

I admire your sprits and the fact that there is no age for enjoying life whether through music or watching M.Masala. I have a senior american colleague here in my lab who is 80 years old, retired from service long back, but still keeps visiting the laboratory and we have established a good rapport. I was amused to know from him that he has a girl friend in Las Vegas and he keeps visiting her. He enjoys poetry and used to quote Omar Khyaam's

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line, Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it "

so why worry about age? is his attitude.

P.G. Wodehouse is my favourite too. I remember while travelling by bus in Mumbai if I am reading P.G.W, I could not control my laughter many a times inviting strange looks from other passengers.

மீசைகள் நரைக்கலாம் ஆனால்
    ஆசைகள் மறைவதில்லை

Regards,

TDU

10. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,
    Nice Topic Indeed! Absolutely enjoyed it and greatly appreciate the frankness in you. Well, I enjoy telling my hubby about the happenings of the day and invite a couple of comments from him, good or bad (no bother), (if i dunt tell him wat happ to me during the day, enaakku thooookam varaathu).

Most of the days my hubby recalls a nice comedy scene from movies tat we recently saw on the TV & laugh like crazy.......and we dose off to sleep.