What do you believe?? Are Ghosts Real??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sylviaram, May 16, 2008.

1. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey Ladies,

I am starting this thread because the subject of "Life after Death" has always been a mystery. Although there are many views and thoughts in the subject, there is no conclusion to the question "Are Ghosts Real". :evil:

Please use this thread to share any personal experiences or genuine hear-say's you may have on this subject. :shaking:

Its a dark subject but I find it very interesting!

Please pour in your thoughts and experiences, pls!

BOOO!:boo:
    Sylvia

2. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

I don't believe in ghosts (To declare outrightly), but I feel a little bit uneasy to be alone in my living room at midnight. I will have TV on, regardless of I am watching anything on it or not (Not that TV is going to come save me if some BHOOT comes). But sometimes - very rarely, when I feel real scared in a dark room, I just remember my mom's saying that God is everywhere and in my mind and on my lips ..I start off "jai Jai Santhoshi Ma.."

Feels funny when I am actually writing it here........

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  3. ramyaganesh

ramyaganesh Senior IL'ite

Same here also.. Eventhough i dont belive in ghosts and all.. i too afraid some times when i am alone and is it is a dark place.. some times after seeing any ghost movies.. i will fell some body is around me invisably..:) my DH makes fun of me for this some times..

cheers,
    ramyaganesh

4. sudhirakumar

sudhirakumar Senior IL'ite

hey i dont say i am not scared or i dont believe in life after death but i am sure our loved ones who are not with us in this world will be around us and they will come back to us. I lost my dad and my hubby lost his dad too now we have two sons resembling both of them I am happy about that.

thats all from me
    sudhira

5. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi...

interesting thread...this is really a topic of endless discussion without conclusion.......sometimes i believe in ghost ...actually i think i believe ghost are there..otherwise why i will be scared to be alone at home during night time ...so many stories and so many gossips we have heard sometimes people claim they have seen ghost...i know one elderly women in our village in UP claims that she has seen ghost...i am so scared if someone says they have seen ghost i feel---are you real human being.....:confused:....believe me whenever we used to go to our village when my grandmother was alive when that lady will also come to our house and then i and my sister will hide in the puja room:hide: as long as she stays in the house....sometimes for three hours.........definitely i will dreams ghosts today.

6. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey Padma, Sudhira, Ramya, Ven,

Your posts are quite entertaining.. I was laughing aloud on reading what Padma had written.. I guess most of us would have gone thru what she experienced.

I have never seen a ghost.. but have heard loads of stories of their existance. I was born and brought up in India.. I never had a chance to be alone.. Once we moved to Dubai, my husband started travelling... My God... I used to dread those nights.. Ofcourse the TV will be On the entire night.. it will be switched off only when the sun rises.. then, a bright night lamp... most importantly, before getting into bed, I will unload almost the entire household to my bedside.. things like snacks, water, napkins, medicines, etc etc.. the idea is that I should not have to get up after the light is switched off..
    Now I am kind of used to being alone but still I am scared... :shaking:

Its quite embarrassing to write this message but what to do, this is the fact... I am scared of ghosts and darkness!!

Cheers!
    Sylvia

7. Preethi Patnaik

Preethi Patnaik New IL'ite

Dear Sylvia,

What a lovely thread i already got goosebumps. I don't know if i believe or not still not decided. But i cannot for the love of anything sit through a horror movie. So i guess that some part of me does believe that they do exist. But i have had no personal experience. Sometimes i think that there are spirits hovering around in another realm that can actually see us and maybe sometimes even help us. I have read in a lot of places that that has happened.
    A good show on tv that i have watched is Ghost Whisperers and thats not scary :) and shows them as just spirits not yet moved on.
    I would like to think that those who have passed on are around us watching over us and guiding us but i don't know how i would react if by chance i became aware of their presence.
    Its the not knowing that really keeps the guessing on.
    It would be nice to know if someone has had a paranormal experience. Because the old people used to say if a kid is born with a veil then they can see ghosts. (yeah i did not know it but in those days some kids were born with a kind of light skin covering their face and it used to be peeled of....)
    I remember my aunt telling me quite some stories that they come for small babies and so used to stick to Ilina till she was a bit bigger. Like it seems that one baby was sleeping alone in the room and suddenly it started crying and when they went to see why the baby's face was red like someone beat it and a picture of the family god was on the ground a bit far away. This is an incident that must have happened in the 1940ies.

So who knows there must be a virtual world somewhere as if you have no body and your soul moves then it has to move somewhere right :)

Brrrrrr.... I can feel the goose bumps already.

love and best wishes
    preethi

8. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey Preethi

You know what?? I read your post this afternoon and then I made anish sleep and I had gone for a bath.. I was too shattered by your post, i was peeping out of the bathroom every few secs to check if there was any shadow next to himm.. :shaking:

Whether ghosts are real or not, they are scary for sure...

Gooood nite!
    Sylvia

9. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

When I first read this topic, my brain said to me, "Aah ... ghosts ... I dont even know if these creatures exist! Ofcourse I'm not scared of them!!!" But in a few seconds, my conscience awakened me to reality ... "Swetha, whom are you kidding??? Ofcourse you are scared of ghosts!!!"

Thats the fact ... I dont know if ghosts really exist or not ... but I'm really freaked of them! And I think the only thing responsible for that is the film industry! Even now I'm scared to see Urmila Matondkar (she played the role of a possessed girl in Bhoot) and Jyothika (she played the grand ghostly role of Chandramukhi!!!) shows at night! They still remind me of their gracious presence in their scary movies!!!

I remember the times when I used to study for my board exams. I used to be alone at home sometimes and made sure that all lights were on and some music (either the TV or radio or something) was always running! I used to get a sound firing from my parents for this (electricity bills were hitting huge figures at home!!!). But that didnt change things .. I still did the same thing! And late night studying was really scary ... thanks to the existence of lights and radio sets, I survived!!!

Tonight, I'm surely going to dream of a haunted mansion with a ghost in a white sari holding a candle in her hands and singing 'Gumnaam Hai Koi'!!! Thanks Slyvia Ma'am for starting this topic ... I've lost a good night's sleep!!!
    Just Kidding!

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  10. hollyhock

hollyhock New IL'ite

Hi all,

another interesting thread for me.As achild i was verymuch afraid of ghosts and all that scary stuff but now i dont believe in them.I used to watch horror movies also but now they dont interest me at all otherwise i enjoy them.
    When i was young there was a rumour among our friends that a ghost will be roaming around at night to each and everones home and we should write on the wall "o lady come back tommorrow"before the ghost visits us,otherwise worst things will happen.This rumour was so well spread that we could find those words on each and everywall in our locality.Hmm so innocent were we..........this incident i remember so well till today ,we used to discuss in the school whether we have got it written in big letters or not..........otherwise the ghost cannot see the words and mistakes..
    Quite funny to remeber all this sort of things again . I can say strongly that i dont believe in them but i have to admit that i am afraid of staying in dark alone not because of the invisible ghosts but because of the visible ones....A very goodnite sleep to the ghost shiverers.

cheers ,
    Holly.

Last edited: May 19, 2008