1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do you ask from God?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Apr 26, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    We all go to temples, do religious rituals and all. At the end of the rituals priests also tell us to ask your wish to The Lord. Most of us ask for something. I have seen a few people asking for something and to offer something in return too. You may or may not agree with me but I request you to please read this post fully and then only come to a conclusion.
    First of all, why do we ask for material- a car, a house, a promotion and likes? Why aren’t we happy with what we’ve got? Why do we compare our worth (material only) with others. And I really feel sorry for those who enter into a business transaction with God- “you please do this, I’ll do that”.
    We must have an ambition in life and work very hard to achieve it. One should never have a laid back attitude. We should always try to put in sincere efforts and should earn a lot. But my question is why to ask from him? We call him omnipotent, omnipresent, the one who knows everything. He only gives us everything (including our life) and still we ask for more. He knows what to give, when to give and how much to give. We all live under the Wish Fulfilling tree (kalpataru). It does make our wishes come true. But most of the times we are not aware of the outcome the wish brings along with it. Sometimes it really proves costly. We all get what we deserve and asking for more sounds like a 5 yr old asking for 5 big dosas at one go!!! God may also fulfill our wish but he knows how to balance things and we may lose a few other things we deserved.
    So Friends, next time if you are going to a religious place, please just go to pray and if at all you have to ask for something, please ask for his blessings. Blessings always come in disguise. Recognize them and have a fulfilling life.
    RegsJ

2. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Excellent message.

3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear lavanya.regs-anu:)

4. kashly

kashly New IL'ite

Hi Anu,

I agree with you.

God has given us a life to live. Hence let us pray God for that, be always thankful to Him. Rest of the material things in life come and go.

Regards,
    Kavitha

5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

thanks dear kashly for your valuable feedback.regs-anu:)

6. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Anu!

Most of the times, I leave the temple without asking for anything. At all the sannidhis, I just chant the sloka for the respective diety. Any time I pray, I pray to Lord to bless my parents with health and peace and when my children are having their exams, that they should do well.

On many occasions, I simply watch the Lord's beauty enjoy and come. Bi daughter jokingly would comment - amma you are the only mom to enjoy God's appearance (do you get her joke)!!! (in tamil we say sight adikkarthu)!!

7. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

A nice message for all to follow. :thumbsup

Jaya