1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do we do to make our kid feel special everyday?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by attitudegirl, Aug 23, 2013.

1. attitudegirl

attitudegirl Platinum IL'ite

ahhh.... my already bad back is starting to hurt if I think of carrying them :)))

but I go to them pretending as if I am very angry with them , then pin them down, and hug and kiss them madly.. initially they'll be scared and confused what they did.. but later enjoy so much..

and as for ur no phone concept.. for me there is no gadget rule while in car.. that is one time where everyone is in one place and no can escape, so I use it to crack jokes, tell stories, make them learn.. that is one time where the whole family enjoys..

2 people like this.
  2. attitudegirl

My DH puts on ear plugs when we shout and gets super irritated. He says maybe people will think that he is torturing us... I tell him even u shout..

Kids are just a joy..

1 person likes this.
  3. attitudegirl

isnt it?? just one look at them and all the worries vanish..

4. attitudegirl

Guess many of us were looking for something like this to make small things in life count.. As the saying goes, the best things in life are free..

ur bum bum is classic hahahahaha... just imagining it..

i'll try with animal sounds...

Even we walk hanging around each other.. I tell them, u r my best friend buddy.. U r my buddy, my pal, gimme a five..

apart from that, I give some special time for my older 2 kids... just an exclusive hour each month alternatively, where I take only daughter or son to some secret "our" place... just listen to them, get them ice cream, bond with them.. my DH takes care of other 2 for that time at home..

1 person likes this.
  5. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

here it goes 5,6 stories at a time..even no time for breathing....I wil tell her,"so this is the break time for story telling, will continue tomorrow.Lets start someother thing" tatada...

4 people like this.
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Being pregnant and also working full time makes me extremely tired to spend quality times with my toddler. He is too naughty and demands a lot from me.
    But I always think that I should not miss his childhood for whatever the reason. In no time, he will become a pre-schoolar and then starts with his usual school. When we start having our own free times in a couple of years, the kid will become mature enough, and won't be a toddler anymore. I see this happening with my cousin's and friend's kids as they grow so fast... Dont even want their parent's anymore - (I mean they don't demand the way they are doing it now).

So, I cuddle, hug and kiss my son whenever it is possible... Several times a day.
    I carry him whenever he demands so.. over even on my own as a practice
    I enjoy feeding him foods, and milk whenever I am at home
    I make him sleep, and spend a lot of time in repeating the same bed time stories
    I bathe him, dress him, and apply lotions in his skin...

If I am at home, my son is like another part of my body. He will be just with me or within my eye sight only....
    Because both myself and my son miss each other due to my demanding job and travel times... I am looking forward to enjoy my maternity leave (that starts from end of this month) to be with both of my kids....

Ya.. of course like others, I too get angry and tired of pampering my son.. But immediately I start to feel guilt and respond to my little son as the way he wants.

Yesterday, after watching a TV programme, my son came to sat on my lap.. and touched my cheeks to say "Amma my chella kutty". I was too touched to hear this. The very moment makes you feel, you are the most blessed soul on this earth...

6 people like this.
  7. attitudegirl

hahaha... there goes another child with never ending stories...

Just before my DS was narrating Jurassic Park 4 where he was the hero and the rest of us were the supporting cast travelling in his toy Hummer.. And the 2 pilots were travelling in his Pajero...????? Pilots in car?????

1 person likes this.
  8. attitudegirl

Kudos to u, my dear...

Just take it easy, u r already doing a gr8 job at parenting so dont feel guilty.. Its natural to get overwhelmed...Just enjoy, as u say time will never come back.. He'll never be 1 year old ever.. Enjoy each day as it comes.. Celebrate each day of his life.. Kids grow faster than we realise....

u r indeed a chella kutty...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh one more thing i forgot to add, I constantly keep telling her how beautiful she is, how proud she makes me and how much I love her. Initially I didnt think she understood me but apparently she does...coz every time i say it, she hugs me with her tiny hands :)

awwwww....

5 people like this.
  10. attitudegirl

Yes, they understand that very well... And most importantly it is very very crucial for them to become confident and independent individuals later on in life... As I see that with my older kids... No matter whatever happens at home or at school, they handle in confidently.. Most importantly, they dont feel embaresed to be themselves.. Even if they have some issues with their friends, they come and tell me.. ""u know, so n so said such demeaning things to me.. i donno what their prob is.. i think they r insecure over me."" and believe this comes out of 9 n 8 year old..

If we praise them for what they r rather than always chiding n scolding them, they will develop much more self-confidence...