What do u ladies do...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sujimallige, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi:

Cheer up, we do go through these lows time and again. At times you could probably blame it on PMS but other times you cannot find the reason really.

Here is what I do, I sometimes clean the house thoroughly like I haven't done it for ages. It really helps to clear the mind. There are times when just watching a comedy movie helps.

Tending plants, doing some crafts and reading a book have worked for me and as someone said calling up your near and dear ones as well.

Hope you are out of it already.

Sindhu

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Suji
    Cheer up ya, when you have so many friends here, why you want to feel low., freak out with friends ya, enjoy hear to loud masti bhara music, go for a nice long walk, do window shopping sit donw in some shopping mall and watch the people you will find many funny things happening.
    Do something masti ya and watch some comedy movie. ask me will give you many more hits.......
    party with friends, go out for a lunch etc., etc............

3. Veera

Veera New IL'ite

Hi Suji,
    Movies, walking, work out is all good.... BUT, i do something else as well that lifts all my spirits up. the above activities are good for us for sure. How about,

1, Going to home for aged and doing a voluntary service (1-2 hrs a week)
    2, Visit the disabled children home and spend some time helping them with puzzle formation, clapping games etc... (1-2 hrs a week)
    3, Blood / Plasma donation etc...

When we make others happy, we feel very good about ourselves. A smile on a kids face is worth a lot. When you see the impact of your visit on their faces it makes you feel as a wonderful person who made difference to others life.

I do visit the homes when ever i have time. Collect clothes from friends, offices and donate to these homes.

Trust me.. they are longing for love.

My 2 cents

Cheers
    Veera

4. tanya1984

tanya1984 New IL'ite

HI,

I have felt the same many a times

but i watch comedy movies or scenes to come out of that

Try out,it may help u!

5. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Seems most of us have mood swings... I too go into a recluse when feeling low.

During such times I wish to be alone..

But a shopping spree or a good movie certainly lifts my spirits.

6. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Hi all

I get out of it by doing Breathing exercises.
    I attended Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Art of Living classes and the 'Sudharsana Kiriya' frees the mind and makes life a joy!
    Rgds
    :)Sudha

7. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

i watch tom n jeery shows or any other cartoon prog with my daughter ,whn low.or else the best time pass at tht time is hav a hot cup of tea/coffee with a gd book or a friend to chat with.

hot t/coffee really works n u feel refreshed.

bye
    raji

8. shilpashenoym

shilpashenoym New IL'ite

good question. all ladies face this iam sure and they have their own way of solving it...sometimes when everything is fine too..i feel sad..soemtimes replay someold issue in my mind and build it up and then get worried! ha ha
    my ways are -
    chocolate in any form (pref dark choc)
    chat with my elder sister about anything gardening, tailoring, recipes, etc (frankly i dont need a best frd)
    Go shopping, either myself or with my sister
    Spend time with my two nieces - the elder one thinks she is an adult and the younger one, all of five years, thinks she is a grandma! my god! the logic she uses..few minutes with her and i forget everything!
    eating chat at a road side eatery or buta/corn either myself or with my nieces.
    put on some music and pamper myself - head massage, body massage, pedicure, etc
    Gardening....

9. lalisiva

lalisiva Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sujji, to beat blues,
    good music, prayer, enjoy shopping. go out for a walk.

10. Kruba_Arunan

Kruba_Arunan New IL'ite

I too do the same thing. Whenever I feel low or depressed I just talk to my friends, laugh at silly things, giggle and at the end of it all, I become very light