What do u ladies do...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sujimallige, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,

I have a question for u all...

What do u ladies do when without any specific reason u feel low and down.
    How to put off these feelings.
    I am feeling v low since yesterday,thought i will be ok today after the nights rest but it is not so shakehead .But i cant think of a single reason as to y :-(

I am sure all of us go through these phases,how do u deal with it???

I am planning to watch a movie and then cook some good dinner from Chitvish M'am recipes.

Suji

2. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Cheer up Suji!

Hmmm.. yes we all go through such a phase sometimes.

If you can’t place a finger on what the reason for feeling low is then just try to divert your mind and engage it in something that you really like and enjoy. Something that makes you really happy. It could be picking up the phone and talking to parents, or talking to a friend, listening to songs you like, or driving to a near by mall to just window shop – or, better still, get yourself the professional “trial” make up they have in stores like Macy’s, JC Penny etc.! Watching a movie that you will enjoy is a good idea. Anything that lifts your spirits. May be call your husband up and see if you can do lunch together.

But before you do any of the above, go ahead and dress the best you can! Look smashing! J. When we feel low inside we have the tendency to just lounge around and neglect ourselves, making us feel worse in the process.

And if you find time after having all the fun , let us know how you enjoyed the day! J

SS

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  3. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Hi Suji,
    Sometimes even I feel low and i never know the reason. Then I generally call my parents or brother or watch some movie or call my friends. Sometimes I also engage myself in cooking something special or cleaning up my apt. I also read a book sometime to overcome my feeling of low. Or else u can also go for a quick work-out if it helps.
    Hope these tips are useful.
    Priya

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

The best thing is to go and shop. Go to a mall, a multi-storied and drop in almost all counters there. Your mind will get throughly distracted from boredom or low feelings.

You can call up your best friend or pal and plan lavish dinner in a big restaurant with good music and stuff. The whole atmosphere will take you to a better level and you will realise there are many things to do in life rather than sit and brood.

If you are good at meditation, you can meditate.

or decide to learn something new - may be painting, cooking a new dish, learning difficult shlokas to recite. Keep your brain occupied do not give it any room for idle thoughts.

Hope I am not heavy on you with my suggestions.

5. nakkamanju

nakkamanju New IL'ite

hi...

right now i am also feeling pretty low without any particular reason might be my pregnancy harmones kicking in...but when ever i am low i engage myself in some physical workout ...or i love to watch some good movie ..which i am doing right now i am watching bommarillu a telugu movie which is a feel good movie ....watching movie always helps me out ...

hope u r out of it now ,....

6. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi suji
    Liked your question and all of us experience it too.:queen
    I prefer to go out for a long walk (ofcourse with a "to buy" list!) ,have a chat with neighbours under the pretext of "keeping in touch".

Please don't laugh.. I take a very short temporary break from kitchen chores.

Regards
    Honeybee

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    nice question. I too have such spells. I just watch tv, glide thro the channels. Or watcha comedy movie. Or just forget yourself by going out or doing some heavy chore which will need your attention. Or just laze on the couch or bed with your fav. book and good snacks.
    Or else, come to IL.

8. vrinda

vrinda New IL'ite

Hi Suji ,

I think almost all of us feel low sometime or the other the best thing is tio jsu divert ur mind and do what u enjoy like u said gonna watch a movie or something helps. Sometimes even having a good snack would help i think . What i do when i feel low is just take a break from the usual chores and just sit and browse on the net ,Feels much better that way . Anyways cheer up Suji .

Regards
    Vrinda

9. vrinda

vrinda New IL'ite

Hi Suji ,

I think almost all of us feel low sometime or the other the best thing is to just divert ur mind and do what u enjoy like u said gonna watch a movie or something helps. Sometimes even having a good snack would help i think . What i do when i feel low is just take a break from the usual chores and just sit and browse on the net ,Feels much better that way . Anyways cheer up Suji .

Regards
    Vrinda

10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Suji

I also feel low many a times when i am alone. Then i call up my close relative or a close friend and tell my feelings. Inthat way u can feel nice. I can never keep anything tomyself whether i am happy or sad i want to telleveryone what i feel.

Keep still
    When trouble is brewing keep still
    when u r feeling low keep still
    till u recover from your excitement at any rate
    dont post that letter, keep it
    a few dayswill give light
    time workds wonders
    wait till u can speak calmly and perhaps
    u will not need to speak at all
    silence is the most massive thing conceivable
    often its strength is great

Think of all the troubles othes hve and your